“excellent value for money and a good stay, i will return”

Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments
GreenLeadersBronze level
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
“excellent value for money and a good stay, i will return”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I’m not sure why all the negativity on this review site?. We recently stayed here for 10 nights. We found the accommodation excellent value for money. The location is just far enough out of the hustle and bustle to be very quiet, the staff were helpful and had no problems. We read all the fine print before we booked our stay and were overall quite happy with our stay. It is probably not suitable for those expecting a luxury hotel room right in the middle of surfers but that is exactly why we chose this accommodation. We appreciated that we had an apartment complete with separate bedroom, kitchen, dining area and lounge area. We also had a balcony with a nice view across the river. For those people complaining, I suggest you research your accommodation more thoroughly next time. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodation, the complex also was very secure with underground secure key access parking with internal access to the stairwell, yes, there wasn’t a lift but we didn’t find this to be a difficulty as we only carried our luggage up once and down once. The courtyard and pool area was quite nice with large palms for shade, shade sail over the pool and a free BBQ.
We paid the extra charge for air-conditioning (which was made obvious before our booking) and also paid an extra charge for a recently renovated unit and still found it to be excellent value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We spent 4 days in early October at these apartments. Enjoyed our time there , close to Surfers Paradise , infact a short walk. Karen went out of her way at Reception to help us with local information and tours. The place was clean and tidy and other guests seemed very happy. I have seen mixed reviews on this site , but we could not fault it so don't be put off. Some times you have to experience these places for your self.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This is my second stay at Chevron Palms...the first with my daughter last year. This accommodation is absolutely ideal for people wanting somewhere clean , tidy and well priced to stay between outings to all the attractions on offer. It is within easy walking distance of the shops and beach with all the peace and quiet many of us appreciate when we get home. The apartments I have stayed in have been well equipped and fresh linen delivered half way through our 8 day stay.. I really enjoy the fact that we were left to enjoy our stay with no unnecessary interuptions ( we value our privacy ) and yet when we wanted assistance from staff we were treated in a friendly and welcoming way. There was an efficient booking to Dracula's via Karen....timely response to after hours message left for reception on the phone provided in our room and we left as very happy customers who would recommend staying here to our friends. I think often in life people want to rip other people off ...sometimes its those staying who want $500 value and only want to pay $100 price...sometimes its the other way and accommodation places want to charge $500 and give $100 value....I have no hesitation in saying that this accommodation is VERY GOOD VALUE for money and I personally found both Karen and Peter to be very friendly and helpful and an essential element in the reason we enjoyed our stay so much and will stay there everytime we go to the Gold Coast in the future. PS Love the pool

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Management867, Manager at Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Hi Sindy S
Thank you very much for taking the time to right a very positive review.
We also love having you and your family to stay and we look forward to catching up again sometime. All the best.
Sydney
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We hesitated abit when we seen the review's for this Holiday Apartments on this website but to our surprise we actually enjoyed our stay here.. Everything you could possibly need was available to us in our room. Karen was more then helpful to me when I needed information on any of the Attractions we needed to go see and was more then helpful with booking our tickets or showing us how to get to places. I guess everyone's stay is different. We had a great time. The room was alittle smaller then we expected and probably the mattress on the sofa bed wasn't all that great, but it was enough for my husband, son and I. The fan was also really nice and cool. I would highly recommened this place. We would be coming back for sure.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Management867, Manager at Chevron Palms Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Hi 'Just S'
Thank you for your positive comments - they are always appreciated.
Management and reception staff do our utmost to ensure you have a lovely holiday and we are glad you enjoyed yours.
Look forward to having you back to stay. :-)
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I saved up a lot of money for me and my 3 children to come on a holiday and staying here was a waste of time and money.

the woman "Karen" at reception is rude and un helpful, at first instance I walked in and asked her if this is where i was to collect our theme park passes she replied "does this look like movie world" in a sarcastic tone. I replied with " i am not stupid i know this isnt movie world" and then she told me "what is wrong with you? dont start!" i was disgusted by her rude abnoxious manner and was suprised that ANYONE was staying there at all.

Also the room is small and has 1 x 2 seater sofa for four ppl to sit on and the foldout bed is at least 10 years old and extremely uncomfortable resulting in lower back ache for the past five days. it is also in front of the door and folds out right to the bottom of the television so room is scarse- there is no bench space, little bed linen which is dirty anyway - the bathroom is small and you have to pay for your own toilet paper - my animals pet resort has better and cleaner facilities than this!

when i explained that the bed was uncomfortable to karen she stated that I was an inconvience because we didnt tell her husband when he was fixing the oven which was also broken.

This place is a dive - if you want to have a good enjoyful holiday DO NOT STAY HERE - you will regret it

i will post some photos tomorrow

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Donna M
It is most unfortunate you have not enjoyed your stay at the resort. You missed telling our readers that you were extremely tired from a long trip picking up family from Brisbane airport and that you took the wrong turn and made your trip even longer, into the small hours of the morning in fact, a 1 1/2 hour trip turned into a 6 hour trip which you said made you exhausted . As the manager I was in the office when you came in and the discussion was not how you would like to portray it. Karen was not unfriendly towards you, reception staff actually go out of their way to try and assist you.
Any bed other than your own, naturally you will not be as comfortable. Management made every effort to try and make you comfortable - 7 inches of mattress in fact. Unfortunately it was your choice to pick a 1 bedroom apartment and fit 4 adults into it. - obviously bathrooms, kitchen, lounge and laundry area are not going to be huge in a 1 bedroom apartment. Management know the bed linen was not dirty as it goes via two checks before being put into the room, at no time did you bring it up with management and I am sure you would have. Again you comment about cleanliness - Management spoke to you several times and at no time did you even attempt to inform us of any problems, which I know there were not. The stove element which is one of 4 elements, highlights your exaggeration, this was repaired within 3 hours of you notifying management.
Tip: Don't attempt to economize by attempting to fit 4 adults into a 1 bedroom apartment and expect a large roomy apartment. Upgrade to three bedroom apartment, enjoy your holiday more and you won't have to blame the resort.

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels