Stayed here for two nights in April 2012 after spending two nights at the Sheraton Mirage Resort and Spa at Main Beach. Thought this would be a good hotel since its closer to Surfer's Paradise but in reality, the hotel is closer to Broadbeach (still a good 15-20 min walk away) and Surfer's Paradise is about a 25-30 min walk away on the beach.
I was expecting the hotel to have more stuff and shops around but there is only a gas station opposite and some dingy restaurants along the road. The hotel itself is 3 blocks away from the beach. We did enjoy walking on the beach very much and went to Broadbeach and Surfer's Paradise on separate occasions. Would really like it if the hotel was situated much closer to the hustle and bustle.
The hotel is kinda old and the room is nothing to shout about. After spending two nights at the Sheraton, I guess we were kinda spoiled there, but to move to the Crowne Plaza where the beds were slightly sinking in the center wasn't exactly that comfortable since I am also heavily pregnant at 8 months. We paid a much cheaper room rate than the Sheraton, but after factoring the breakfasts (daily rate of A$30/head) and ridiculously priced internet (almost A$30/24 hours), I think we were far better off staying at the Sheraton or moving closer to another hotel at Surfers Paradise. As this was a trip away from the children, it was important for us to have internet access so that we could skype with them daily. There's internet at the business center downstairs at the public terminals at A$2 for 15 minutes, or a wireless password at $10 for 2 hours or pay a ridiculous amount of almost A$30 for 24 hours in the room. We paid A$9.95 for 24 hours at the Sheraton and thought that was expensive till we moved to the Crowne Plaza.
We were planning on going to the revolving restaurant on the 26th floor after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. But at A$62 per head, we wanted to check out the restaurant and I'm glad we did. It was really dimly lit and there were only 2 sections of buffet available. There's some seafood and dessert and hot foods but it didn't look appetizing at all. I don't think I would eat there even if its complimentary. We ended up having room service both nights since there aren't any restaurants near to the hotel and I was just too tired to venture out to Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach.
We also took a trip out to Pacific Fair Mall, which has hundreds of stores in a nice mall, about a 30 min walk away or a 5 min cab ride away (about A$10).
If I ever come back to Gold Coast again, we will probably spend more and stay near to Surfer's Paradise to be closer to the action or stay at the Sheraton Mirage on Main Beach if I want to have a quiet location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, IHG, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast