Stayed Here in April 2012,
The First room i was in had very bad air condiditoner that was extremly noisy and there was no way i could sleep with it on, and its was to hot to turn it off. Also this room had nothing at all in the Mini bar and was very run down and not very clean. My company had paid full price for the room and i had a feeling they had given me a dodgey room that was on a low level becasue it was mid week and i wasn't wearing a suit. (just a theory)
I complained and they said all the rooms have a noisy air con, i asked to move and they moved me. to an exact same room on a higher level. (they didn't offer an upgrade, which i found insulting considering the hotel was empty and work paid full price for the room.
The next room was better but was also run down and had a noisy Air con, not as bad but still pretty noisy. Everything in the hotel was budget and run down and looked like it hadn't been renovated since the 90's
And even in the new room the noise form the air con was borderline, and was almost too noisy to sleep.
I got room service and steak was below average and cooked wrong (i asked for medium well and it was medium rare) also cheese platter was pretty bad.
Service was also below average as the staff never made me feel like they were sorry about the first room and acted like i was just a winger. Not being able to sleep in your hotel room surely warrants a new room!
I can understand staying here if you get a cheap rate but even then i have stayed at much better hotels in Surfers for much less that this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love the convenience of staying right in the very heart of Surfers Paradise.Your Vibe Gold Coast hotel is centrally located in the midst of Gold Coast lifestyle, opposite the Chevron Renaissance Village, just a block from Cavill Avenue, the heart of the Gold Coast shopping district, and overlooking the picturesque Nerang River.We are perfectly placed for a leisurely stroll to Surfers Paradise beach, world-class shopping, fantastic nightlife, restaurants galore and lots of fun attractions...Or you can just relax in comfort. The Gold Coast is brimming with fun filled activities including fishing charters, bungee jumping, motorbike tours, surfing lessons and even a few swings at one of the many leading golf courses at hand...And did we mention the beaches? And at the end of your busy day, return to your ideal Gold Coast hotel and relax in the comfort of your well appointed hotel room or suite, take a plunge in the pool or take an evening stroll along the promenade an soak up the atmosphere of the Gold Coast...Enjoy the vibe at your Gold Coast hotel with personality...Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, EaseMyTrip, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Vibe Hotel Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast Surfers Paradise