“Tour 12 - a nice day out but..”

Hummer Safari 4WD Adventure Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hummer Safari 4WD Adventure Day Tours has 4 of the Gold Coast best AWARD WINNING 4WD day tours. Pure Luxury, Pure Off Roading, Pristine Rainforest s, amazing photographic memories. Travel in absolute luxury in your very own HUMMER H2 with all forward facing seats and a maximum of 6 guests, plenty of leg room. Guests will also receive a Full Day Coach Tour valued at $90.00. That’s 2 tours for the price of 1! This will be the Real Four Wheel Drive Experience with all meals served in restaurants with our guests getting VIP treatment.
Reviewed 30 October 2014

This was a good day out. Phil , our guide, was full of knowledgeable yarns . There were only 3 passengers on this tour, so it seemed more like a family outing.
First brief stop was Canungra, where we were told that the old tramway tunnel is no longer open.
Sadly, whoever runs the Alpaca farm decided to be elsewhere (unbeknown to Phil) , so we just had a quick look at the animals.
At O'Reillys we had our scones & tea, followed by the rainforest walk.
After a super drive we found ourselves at Tambourine. Lunch was followed by a liesurely stroll around the shops on Gallery walk. It was then back to the Hummer for an exciting off-road journey back down the mountain.
It was a nice day out , but NOT as described. The Natural Arch and Curtis Falls were not included.So with the absence of Alpaca farm & tramway tunnel it looks like we missed out somewhere.

3  Thank MarieG60
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My review is reflected by the experience we had with Tim our tour guide for the 27th August 2014. Tim was phenomenal. His stories and experience with the area are uncanny. He never failed to have a fun fact or interesting experience to share throughout the whole day, not to mention is humourous dad jokes got the whole car laughing. Thanks again Tim for such a memorable day. You were terrific.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have Phil as our driver on July 28. Our family of four enjoy very much with the tour. Phil is a friendly and knowledgable guide. He managed to control the Hummer very well when we went off road. That was a great day and we always move ahead of the crowd and save us a lot of waiting time. It is really worth to spend more for this tour than the standard tour with more than twenty people.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Lance is the best Tour Guide! It was a great day because of him. I remember asking him " Don't you get sick and tired of doing the same thing everyday? He answered, "Through this job, i don't need to travel the world, with my passengers, the world comes to me" Highly recommended adventure at Surfers Paradise!

1  Thank Mitchadventures
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was originally booked on a cheaper tour, but due to a lack of numbers, I was contacted by Scenic tours the day before and offered an upgrade to their VIP Hummer day tour. I was not disappointed! Our driver Phil was very chatty, mainly about himself, his bikes, cars and plane, but a very likeable guy. The tour itself was excellent, we went off-roading which was a bit bumpy but great fun. We went to parts of the Hinterland and mountains that I hadn't seen before and had lunch in a lovely restaurant, which sadly I can't remember the name of, but the food was excellent. We all took turns to sit in the different seats in the Hummer to make it fair for everyone, I was lucky I had fab people with me and the fav that there was only 5 of us plus Phil made the trip extra special. I do appreciate that this tour maybe pricey, I was lucky and didn't have to pay, but I would recommend it if you want something different and can afford the bit extra.

2  Thank Sue L