“Paradise Hotel for Surfers”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hilton Surfers Paradise caught my attention during my last visit in January 2012 and I told my son that we will stay here in April, 2012 and thats' what we did!
With it's strategic location, still brand new and facing the main beach, we enjoyed every minute of our stay here. It is very convenient to just walk around shopping, strolling along the beach and with cafes everywhere from japanese, western, chinese, middle-east cuisine and so on.
The hotel could also arrange transportation and entrance tickets to places like Currumbin Wildlife, SeaWorld, Movie World and etc without any hassle. By the way, SeaWorld is just 12 minutes away from the hotel.
Their staffs are friendly, helpful and always wishing their guest, without any discrimination at all.
Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe room facing the beach
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear jimmyseowlh,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I am really glad that you and your son had a great stay, and that you returned to experience the hotel.

The proximity of the hotel to Surfers Paradise's great attractions is a enjoyable feature and I am glad to hear that you took full advantage of being so close to the great beaches, dining venues and shops.

I will pass on your compliments to our great team members and I look forward to Welcoming you back to the Hilton Surfers Paradise.

David Kelly

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is just a candid review from my birthday weekend away with my wife. Others wont agree, as we all have different benchmarks and expectations. I read other reviews before booking, and can say that I do think for many this would be amongst the nicest place many could have stayed. HOWEVER, I cannot agree. We stayed in a relaxation suite. We have stayed in the same at Sydney and Melb Hiltons, and the Gold Coast suite wouldn't rate in the same hemisphere. Made even more alarming considering this hotel is BRAND NEW. It was small, and "just a room" with some nice TVs and modern styling. Bathroom was terrible, plain small bath.....no view, no nothing. Now compare this to the Sydney Relaxation rooms with a romantic double spa, overlooking Sydney to the airport, huge bathroom, 2 massive rooms with large doors to close one section off to another. Melb is much the same.

To us, it was as though they tried to cram as much into this “site” as possible,

Other comments.....

# The car park arrangements are a TOTAL mess, and confusing. It was as though this was an after thought.
# Gym is.....well is that really a gym? A few running machines, 1 x cross over cable machine and 1 set of “kiddie” weights. Worst Gym I have seen in an upmarket hotel.
# On the Saturday night, my wife and I thought we would go to the Cocktail bar “FIX” for a few cocktails. I cannot believe that as a paying guest I could not access it due to a “private function”. If you want to lease areas for private functions, have areas available, DONT take away the amenities that are there FOR YOUR PAYING GUESTS.
# At dinner on Sunday night at “Salt”. Dinner was lovely, service was fantastic. HOWEVER, I had to ask to be moved to another table, as the “couples” tables are all lined up against the walls, and I found I was sitting closer to the person at the table next to me (like I could touch them without leaning) than my wife across from me. Not a good thing for a quite “romantic” dinner. None the less, they moved us, and it was lovely meal with a great host looking after us.
# Executive lounge......once again, everything appeared cramped. There were “couples” tables along window areas that were more like corridors. “Complimentary breakfast”....we didn't bother with as it was cereal and toast. Why bother? Just charge a bit more, and offer a full breakfast.
# Air-conditioning didn't work for much of the time we were there. Not the hotels fault, however it was annoying.
# Views from rooms are terrible. Nothing they can do about looking onto (and into) crappy 1970s apartments that litter this area.

All in all, I found everything clean, and fresh, modern and stylish....staff were lovely and helpful. If I had nothing to compare it to, I would have perhaps shared a different view. Just not what I was expecting from rooms or organisation. Perhaps the private residences are better for rooms, but in comparison to the other Hiltons I have experienced, this one pales in comparison. I would look forward to staying again in Sydney or Melb, but wont be staying at the GC Hilton again. I expected so so much better.

Cheers!
Paul

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank squeegee10
HiltonSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear squeegee10,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and experience at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

I appreciate your feedback on our facilities. We do our upmost to cater to all guests and it is disappointing to note in this instance we did not live up to your expectations.

We often receive comments on our facilities and outlets and as you can appreciate the style is not to everyone’s taste.

I am glad to hear that your experience in Salt grill by Luke Mangan was great and that you did find our great team members a memorable aspect of your stay.

Should you wish to discuss your feedback further, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly and I would be glad for the opportunity to discuss your experience with you in detail and how we could have made your stay enjoyable.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights as the base to tour around Goldcoast, the hotel is pretty new, well located in the centre, very convenient. The breakfast selection is wide and nice. What's more, the staff there were very helpful & friendly. Our flight coming home was late at night, after a long day out in th heat, you could imagine how sweaty we were! When we asked about the possibility of taking a shower despite we already checked out, we were offered immediately the options - we opted to take showers at the pool area, feeling clean prior to our departure. And I think this is part of the Hilton's service, great management!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear CarCarHK,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at Hilton Surfers Paradise. We appreciate all feedback from guests.

I note your generous comments on our fantastic team members and please be assured I will pass on your feedback and compliments.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate you prior to your departure and we always aim to provide extended services to all our guests.

It is great that you had such an enjoyable tour around the Gold coast and really enjoyed the facilities in the hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

GREAT STAY on the 16th floor ....

But the he following needs to be rectified by management:

the pool side bar menu needs a vegetarian option!! Im this day and age it is not suitable to have no vegetarian option at the 5 star pool side cafe.

The other issue is that the breakfast people need to go to the Sheraton mirage to see what a true 5 star breakfast is like.

Otherwise, this place is paradise.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank floridonkers

Dear floridonkers,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Surfer Paradise Residences.

The feedback you have provided is great, it enables us to be able cater better to all guests needs and improve operations of the hotel and explore options in our different outlets should they be required.

I Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback and I am glad that you had a great stay.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Front desk was amazing.. Anne and her team were really friendly and welcoming. Being a "Hilton HHonors" member I was able to get upgraded to the executive level (sometimes at a small charge).. Something I strongly recommend at any Hilton.. Many worthwhile benefits, the lounge being the best. Self serve bar and great coffee machine.. And heaps more. One of the better executive lounges from Hilton. My room was spotless and after almost a year running still look brand new.. Furnishings are a little cold and under scale for the room size and not really practical..(mine had no desk or balcony furniture??).. But other than that the room was great.
The staff is what made my stay most memorable here, from the bell hop to the cleaners, everyone I encountered had a smile on their face and were helpful and genuine.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are a must.. Access to the executive lounge is a great bonus.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Globegallop

Dear Globegallop.

I will pass on your compliments to our great team members and it is pleasing to note that your experience from check in to check out was memorable. We encourage all our fantastic team members to let their personalities shine. Coupled with the facilities the hotel has on offer it is great to hear that you felt welcomed and really enjoyed your experience.

We look forward to Welcoming you back and thank you again for your feedback.