“The noisest apartment in town.”
Review of Solaire Apartments

Solaire Apartments
Redcliffe, Australia
“The noisest apartment in town.”
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Well i was looking forward to a relaxing holiday with my parents at what was suppose to be a self rated 4 star apartment. But i found it to be worse apartment we ever stayed in due to us been on the first floor right onto traffic light junction. The noise was absolutely terrible and we found it hard to sleep at night from the traffic and the hoons going up and down until the early hours and some very noisey neighbours. The wardrobe have adjoining door so you can hear everything thats going on next door and the smoke came throught the gap that was around the door right on too our hung up clothes. It also was not very clean i had to put all dishes through the dishwasher and cleaned bathroom before i was going to let anyone use it. I have stayed in cleaner and quieter back packers and enjoyed my accommodation better than this one so i not a fussy person. We asked politely after the first night whether they would be able to move us to another apartment maybe around the back or highter up to get away from the noise and said that we were finding it hard to sleep at night. But got a negative response from the lady and gentleman at reception. They didn't even try to move us and didn't seem bothered about our complaint. They said it noisy everywhere in surfers paradise we shouldn't stay there if we wanted somewhere quiet. I even called the people i booked the holiday through and they had a word with them too but they still wouldn't move us . we just had to wear ear plugs and try enjoy our holiday reguardless of the lack of sleep. I have never had to complain about anywhere before but i think these apartments were really bad so have to let other people know. we paid a good rate for 5 nights too, really felt it was a rip off. The whole building was filthy and need a deep clean expecially the pool area. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy and don't believe any of the good reviews on this place it was terrilbe disapointment.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank mini030
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
MELBOURNE
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Ok so we arrived at 8:00am in the morning and even though we rang 48hrs prior to advise this, we were given no other option but to sit and wait with a 2 year old in the lobby for one hour until the gentleman at the front desk arrived. On the surface things were lovely. We were plesently surprised to say the least, after reading reviews we were expecting the worst. Then it all went down hill. The bed in the 2nd bedroom, the bars were bent, and my 10kilo 2 year old could make it wobble from side to side by just getting onto it. We advised it was dangerous and so the took it down. Instead of moving us to a different apartment or replacing the bed my daughter slept on a mattress on the floor for 6 nights. I opened the oven to grill some cheese on toast only to find dirty foil in the oven.. yuk! The shower had soap grime and sink had mould around the tops. The phone in the room did not work and was never fixed or looked at throughout our entire stay, the televsion remote was broken and again was not fixed or attended to throughout our entire stay and so on a relaxing holiday we had to constantly get up to change the channel. The spa i could almost put money on, was not cleaned our whole stay. Their was a red button that sat on the bottom of the spa the whole time which would indicate it had not been cleaned as it constantly smelt like sweaty feet and had sand in it. On the last day we went to take our daughter for a swim in the pool and their was dirty toilet paper in the bottom of the pool. atleast 7-10 squares of it. I went downstairs and was told by the gentleman that we could either get it out ourselves or not swim. i was horrified. Upon leaving i was asked why i did not bring up the other cleanliness items of the apartment, one would question why bother when i am expected to fish out dirty toilet paper from your pool?
Worst of all, the entire stay i had wondered why my husband left one paid of underware on my side of the walk in robe. I never questioned him just merely shrugged my shoulders thinking, pfftt men. It was not until we got home and i unpacked the bags i realised these were dirty underware. I said to my husband why didnt you give me these to wash before we left with his reply those are not mine thats why i left them on the empty shelve of the walk in robe. I was so disgusted that DIRTY underware had been left in the walk in robe that i had then consquently touched and put in my luggage.
We were called 2 days after our departure and abused and yelled out because their was a little strawberry nesquick on the bench from when i made my daughters bottle as we were walking out at 4:00am to go to the airport and 4 beer bottles on the bench which needed to be thrown out and a small plastic bag of rubbish also needing to be thrown out. They were intending on charging us extra cleaning to wipe over a bench that in my opinion nesquick or no nesquick should be getting wiped anyway and for throwing out a small amount of rubbish. Needless to say when i let them know about the filthy underware the firty toilet paper in the pool and the fact my daghter slept on a bed the entire stay, we were not charged.
The service was rude the entire stay and i kept excusing it as well we only paid $120 a night what do you expect? but you know what for a $120 a night the least we deserve is a smile and friendly staff. If their was a way i could tell enough people not to stay their and get this place shut down or have new management take over i would feel completly satisfied. I have never in my whole life stayed somewhere where i have left feeling so bitterly disapointed and disgusted in not only the service but the whole place. Please Please reconsider staying here!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank KATE1982Melbourne
newcastle, nsw
Reviewed 25 February 2010

this accommodation was just perfect for our week long stay. it was only a few minutes walk to the centre of surfers paradise, which is fantastic. the indoor pool was great, quite large with windows on 3 sides, just great, we went every day. the room that we had was lovely, nice comfy furniture, nice clean new bathroom, new everything really. the kitchen was great to cook an easy meal in to save a bit of $. the only thing i found a bit annoying was the fact that the blinds did not keep out any morning sun, and so we were up very very early every morning. minor though, as the rest of the stay was perfect. we got a deal through a website, and enjoyed every minute.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mummyL
Auckland
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We arrived after a very early flight and a long day shopping - looking forward to a relaxing cool shower after 30 deg heat. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting - about six months soap scum up the shower walls - the bath had a big black tide mark around it and you could actually see the black footprints at the end of the bath from the previous occupants. Although the beds appeared to be clean the rest of the apartment was grubby to say the least. As I have a terminal illness and not much of an immune system I was reluctant to use the facilities.

I phoned Michelle to ask for someone to carry out the basic cleaning and was met with a mouthful of abuse:

First of all I got the apartment for a good price so I should not expect the apartment to be clean!! What??
There was no-one available to clean that day I would have to wait until the next day - so couldn't have showers - But I've paid my money!! It wasn't that great a price!
Could we be moved to a clean apartment? Yes but you will have to pay a surcharge for a clean apartment!
I was getting pretty agitated at this attitude and as a result of my illness getting very short of breath so this charming woman said to me
"you'd better calm yourself down before you have a heart attack - I don't want to be cleaning up after dead bodies - NOW do you want the bathrooms cleaned tomorrow or NOT!!!
Consequently my daughter and I found alternative accomodation and enjoyed the rest of our holiday - I won't put up with abuse from anyone.

Just be aware it is pretty much pot luck whether you get a decent clean apartment or not. Make sure you check in while the so called managers are on duty and check the apartment before you pay them any money. I think this Michelle thought is was OK to abuse us because we were females - however the owner of apartment 1501 has lost out on $525.00 because of Michelle' bad management

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank Carol037
SOLAIRE2006, DIRECTOR at Solaire Apartments, responded to this review, 29 December 2009
Carol rang our after hours service about 4 hours aftershe had checked in, so approx 6 pm on the Saturday evening. By that time, the guest had advised us that they had slept & eaten but had not been in the bathrooms & that they checked in at 2pm. The only complaint we received was that there were footprints on the bathroom floors so she didn't want to walk on them. She was asked if she could place a bathmat on the floor or a bath towel so she could step on that & not the tiles but she said she needed to use 4 towels & the hand towels & bath mats for herself. We offered to replace the towels by 9am the next morning but the guest ending up being quite angry & told our staff that she had to phone the housekeeping & tell them to,'get there now,'. She was told that we would not talk to our staff in that manner. Our housekeeping went in the next morning but by then both bathrooms had been used but a full service was completed. Carol left after staying 2 nights, at our establishment but did not advise anyone of her departure & left with an unpaid balance before the office could open on the Monday morning. She also, left a letter containing lots of threats which were emphasised by many exclamation marks. We would like to invite you to look at the review that was placed by Big G ( NZ) as he has stayed with us on more than one occasion & has placed photos of the same apartment on the site.

Solaire Management
docklands
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Seriously, don't believe the negative comments they don't really do this place any justice. Really, this place is just amazing & the price is excellent!! We will go here again & again, well as long as our bank balance stays up?? We couldn't believe our luck when we opened the door, as it's always a bit of a scary feeling booking accommodation without a travel agent but we opened the door & just went Wow! It was so big & airy. Everything was so clean & new. The bathrooms & bedrooms were well spaced out & suddenly being on holiday with another couple didn't seem so cramped. It was a lot bigger than what we saw on their youtube video & especially the pool area. It was close to everything, so after the theme parks, there weren't any complaints because we only had about 3 minutes to walk to the restaurants & there are plenty of those around. Coles was just around the corner which meant we could also, have a few meals in. Thank goodness for the air-conditioning, as it was a very hot week. The managers were friendly & booked us on the latest special for movieworld & seaworld & recmmended a a few of the favourite restaurants which proved to be very good. My favourite part was just sitting on the balcony, at the end of the day & watching life go on, down below. We had a a very happy holiday.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends