“Classy beautiful restaurant.”

Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 27
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Watergate Restaurant & Lounge Bar is located in the heart of Port Douglas, at the corner of Grant and Macrossan Street behind the Rotary Park. Enter down the flame lit path from Macrossan Street. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Watergate's cuisine is modern Australian. Executive Chef Lee Neate sources fresh, seasonal produce to prepare innovative dishes that reflect contemporary trends in Australian cooking. Opening hours : the restaurant is open for lunch from midday, and dinner is served from 5:30 pm, seven days a week. We also have a light lounge menu available available through the day until late. Watergate also has a well appointed bar, ideal for a cocktail as the sunsets, or maybe a light meal from the lounge menu with a bottle of wine. It is also available for a pre-dinner drink, or desserts and coffee at the end of the night.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After a week with Teens and my Husband having to head home early I treated my Parents and I to an Adult only night and had a beautiful meal and very attentive service. Highly recommend!

1  Thank ClareBrissie

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I went to this restaurant last night with work colleagues. The restaurant has a beautiful, lively atmosphere. Tiki torches all around. The service was outstanding. We were taken care of by a team of friendly, professional staff. They were extremely friendly and helpful. The food was not only beautiful to look at but tasted amazing. I had the Yellowfin Tuna. Outstanding. Great beer, wine and drink menus as well. What a great evening!

1  Thank TommyCFL
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to walk along the main strip of restaurants yesterday to see the menus. I am highly allergic to gluten and often find it difficult to decide where to eat, as many menus do not show GF options. I only have to ask when I’m there but sometimes it can be a bit risky.
So, we came across Watergates menu, straight away it struck me, it all looked delicious. We also saw the note on the bottom, saying that most dishes can be changed to suit any dietary requirements.
We didn’t book, but we’re very glad they had multiple tables available to us, we sat on the upper deck. The ambience was perfect, a little hidden gem off the street.
The wait staff were exceptionally good, they were always checking in and offering assistance. We had the host check in for a chat and also another staff who we’re assuming was the manger/owner. We definitely felt in good hands.
My husband had the rib eye, he was absolutely stoked with his choice, savoured every bite. I had the risotto and it was absolutely decilous, could not fault it. The food was so delicious that we ate it all and couldn’t fit in dessert, but they allowed us to take it away with us.

Overall, A wonderful experience and I highly recommend dining here.

1  Thank Mikayla H
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Food and service was exceptional. Would highly recommend. Strongly advise to make a reservation. We didn't have a reservation but thankfully they were able to squeeze us in.

1  Thank soh0404
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent I had prawn hot pot and the lamb ribs,delicious.
The staff were all very friendly and knowledgeable. The only thing I would say that being in the tropics it’s very warm and I found the restaurant is uncomfortably warm, it is more like outside tables with sails there is no air conditioning only fans

1  Thank dmro5s