“100% the Best cruise for the whole family and better value for money.”

Quicksilver Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 204.89*
and up
Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Cruise from Port...
More attraction details
Owner description: Quicksilver is Australia’s most awarded reef operator. You can choose your Great Barrier Reef experience - Cruise to the outer edge aboard a spacious wavepiercer catamaran to the renowned Agincourt Reef, sail aboard the luxurious Wavedancer to idyllic Low Isles, or seek the thrill of dive and snorkel adventures aboard Silversonic. All cruises are accredited with Advanced Ecotourism.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Having been on more than one day trip to see the Great Barrier Reef I would rate this trip 10 Stars if it was possible.

What a great setup, even if your scared of jumping into the ocean this trip will allow you to overcome that fear.

Firstly I went in the Glass sided Submarine and saw what was in the water and viewed the reef. Then I went to the underwater viewing platform.

No longer scared of what was in the ocean I suited up in a sting suit, flippers, snorkel and goggles and jumped in.

My son was already out in the ocean a bit too far out for my liking. He spotted me jumping in and swam over and grabbed my hand and said follow me.
We went quite far out along the reef and saw some beautiful fish, turtles and corals.
If your a bit scared and apprehensive or you tend to get sea sick this is the trip for you.

The boat doesn't rock much due to it's size.

There is the platform to spend the day on - no sea sickness, change rooms, showers and a lovely lunch.

(Easter Sunday I went on another tour, I got sea sick from the rocking boat, jumped into deep water - the unknown and lasted 2 minutes before freaking out and getting back on the boat with many other sea sick people, not great because I didn't see the reef)

Easter Monday was awesome thanks to Quicksilver Cruises your cruise is the Best by far 100%.

All reviews
in 58 reviews
"glass bottom boat"
in 92 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Sleek, well organised, great people. The trip to the reef with a full boat went very smoothly. We want to snorkel so we had free time in the designated area and then booked an hour of snorkel action with a small group and a Marine biologist guide. This was a real highlight. Loved it, Dave located a prescription mask for my wife so she could see, turned it into an amazing trip for her. Didn't bother with lunch. Swimming to do! Patience is key when getting gear, using changing rooms or sharing seats. Book your additional activities early even before the boat leaves.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

An excellent way to see the reef with this company, although a bit crowded at times. The company showed passion for there work and aimed to make sure there guests get a fabulous experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Because I was traveling with three kids, one of whom is not a snorkeler, this was the perfect trip for our family. It is NOT the trip for those who want lots of quality time in the water without 100 other people in the same area. My kids took to calling it the Disneyland of the GBR, because it had lots of bells and whistles and was crowded. My non-snorkeler was able to see the reef in the semi-submersible and from the underwater viewing windows, and got a kick out of mailing postcards from the GBR post office. The rest of us enjoyed our time in the water, but the number of people in the water really reduces the quality of the snorkeling experience. The ship itself is excellent, the food at the lunch buffet was good, and the service was great. It’s the best compromise for families with mixed ages or interest in getting into the water.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is a highlight of my trip that I can’t stop talking about with my friends and family. The Pontoon was way above my expectations. So much to do for everyone. Submerged Submarine, snorkelling, helmet dive, underwater viewing area, helicopter ride over the reef. fabulous staff ,great buffet. When on the quicksilver transfer catamaran, the staff will explain facts about the reef, what to expect on the pontoon, and advise you on which activity is best for your level of swimming. They have the proper equipment for every size. Afterwards you can purchase photos and videos of your experience...yes it’s expensive but will you every do this again ? Even the price of the activities was well worth the price. Example...Helmet dive approx $160, Helicopter approx $150 although just 10mins, it’s all you need to get a Birdseye view of the reef. Underwater cameras are available for sale and rent . The entire staff is knowlegable and friendly. You will feel safe with them all. This was on my bucket list...Thank You Quicksilver ! You made my dream come true !

1  Thank atri h