“Great location offering tranquility”
other traveller has booked this property
Tropical Pool Lounge Room
Ensuite
Oak Beach
Pool and Hut
Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Baydec
Melbourne, Australia
“Very Remote BUT relaxing!”
Reviewed 17 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

The neighbors who looked after us on arrival were fantastic - very friendly & helpful.
We found the house to be roomy but very disappointed to find we had no reprieve from the heat in a fully glassed lounge room. The airconditioning advitised did not specify it was in all the beadrooms only. We obviously did not want to spend our holiday in the bedroom! The pool only wet us without cooling us down. The pool felt like a hot spa with the temperature ranging between approx 30 - 33 degrees! We had no service for our phones, no free to air TV for news updates, the TV in the main bedroom did not work nor did the DVD player.. Even though it is advertised as Pet friendly, you could not put your pet out the back as there was no fence only a jungle out there & not sure how safe they would be.We had to place our dogs cage & another bag infront of the gate to stop our dog from escaping. The house was very remote from everything - no walks to a cafe or group of shops. Lots of big bull ants came through a closed window in one of kids bedrooms. Unfortunately I feel the accomodation rate/fee is really over priced for this property.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Jan 2016
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your holiday, Oak Beach is a small community 10 minutes South of Port Douglas, if you want to be in town it is not for you. We are in a black spot for digital TV which is why I have 2 Foxtel HD Premium My Star set top boxes, includes every Foxtel channel, as well as ABC and SBS also Sky News runs 24/7. The boxes have recording and playback features. The DVD player in the lounge is working, the DVD player in the Rumpus is not working, unfortunately no one has reported that to me, I will remove it and just have one DVD player. The TV in the main bedroom is an extra that is wirelessly connected to one of the set top boxes, the instructions are on the information sheet supplied. You didn't mention you were bringing your dog, we only accept small to medium dogs as we don't have a fenced back yard, which I explain when asked, the patio and the pool area is fenced, I have taken on board that your dog could fit through the gate, something I hadn't thought about it as my Silky Terrier is a small dog and does not. I am disappointed that you think the house is over priced especially after I changed your booking dates only weeks out, with out any penalties, and I gave you a very good rate at $266 a night.
WillShish
Sydney, Australia
“Great location offering tranquility”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Set between Port Douglas and cairns without the hustle and bustle we spent 7 nights discovering Tropical North Queensland.

Great house at a very reasonable rate. Excellent pool and outdoor experience. Kerrie was a breeze to deal with and offered her knowledge and assistance but we really didn't need it as it was all there for us!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing