We stayed here three nights at the beginning of April and thought it was wonderful. Fred and Antonia are gracious and welcoming hosts, and made us feel at home. The apartments were lovely, large, clean and quiet, with a nice private balcony. As others have said, the location adjacent to the beach and at the end of the main commercial street is perfect. Antonia and Fred were very knowledgeable about local excursions and tours, providing advice and arranging bookings. The excursions were excellent--a diving trip, a sailboat snorkeling trip, and a self-guided driving tour of Daintree (a great recommendation from Fred). Our stay here in Port Douglas was the highlight of our Australian vacation. We are looking forward to a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas