All reviewsplunge poolday bedbedroom villapavilion stylelow to the groundmain poolamazing villamiele appliancestotal privacyresort restaurantluxury accommodationcoffee podsgolf buggyroom servicewater featuresliving areatropical paradise
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Niramaya Villas for our honeymoon and we couldn’t have been happier. The villas were beautiful, our dinner in Ch1 restaraunt was sooo good, our couples massage amazing and the location and staff were perfect. We simply didn’t want to leave, and can’t wait to return. Mick & Amanda Lawler

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank micklawler
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Highly recommended villa to stay with.First class in everything!Exceptional staff,great personal villas & Chapter One restaurant was incredible for breakfast lunch dinner!We had an incredible stay with Niramaya Villas and Spa!

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank AntonH70
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Nirayama is a beautifully landscaped and maintained property of Balinese style villas. I was so excited to go there.

Nirayama sells a cut down version of its product to Luxury Escapes. This was NOT advertised as part of the luxury escape that I bought at Nirayama Villas. The property is very beautiful, however I had twice requested prior to our visit, to be allocated
A) a villa whose pool and living area was sunny especially in the afternoon, and
B) a villa in close proximity to my friend with whom I purchased the Luxury Escape.
Neither of these things happened, and we were allocated a very dark (due to rainforest backyard) villa which was adjacent to the main road and was quite noisy. My friend got the sunny villa.

Nirayama Villas are serviced one time when you are there for a 5 day stay.
However this is not the case if you had purchased your stay through luxury escapes as the receptionist pointed out to me when I enquired which day our service would be. Apart from having to wash and change my own sheets and towels, we had a dirty floor (sand and dry grass) which I could not clean as I had nothing to clean it with and nor did I want to when I was paying over $400 a day. Also because of the non-service when I asked for some more coffee pods I was told I could purchase them for $1 each. I went to the supermarket and bought my own for half the price.

The internet in our villa was very slow and worked intermittently, and our villa could only access 3G data so I could not even use my own phone data to supplement.

We could not turn on the Airconditioning in our villa for a couple of days until the maintenance men (who incidentally were fabulous) explained that it could only be controlled successfully from a particular point in the room (no X marking the spot) and holding the remote up very high and pointing it at the hidden ceiling unit.

But the thing that really irked us was that the included breakfast was a cut down version of one that is available and did not include the examples listed on Luxury Escape website. It did include 5 meal choices (which were all very nice and of high standard) plus 1 (only) glass of juice and 1 (only) cup of tea or coffee. To upgrade your scrambled eggs to scrambled eggs and mushrooms cost my friend $5. To have another cup of coffee also incurred a cost.

Petty stuff like this engenders bad feeling and will not encourage guests to recommend this resort. Put the price up $10 or $20 a night. Let people have an extra cup of coffee and for goodness sake service the rooms. It doesn’t matter if you are paying $400 or $410 a night. People who pay nightly amounts such as these are not quibbling about spending an extra $10. Just don’t charge separately for stupid little amounts.

I am glad I purchased this as a luxury escape. It is certainly not worth the rack rate which is twice as much - even with a service to the room over the stay and replenished coffee pods. The property is very beautiful and very well maintained. The staff are pleasant, courteous , friendly and in the main very helpful. They are unfortunately hamstrung by someone in resort management making some stupid stupid rules.

I have stayed in many resorts/apartments/rentals in Port Douglas over the years. I would not be in a hurry to go back to this one and not because of the property but the experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
19  Thank loveagoodhotel
CarrieSaltwater, Front Office Manager at Niramaya Villas and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Good Morning loveagoodhotel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We very much appreciate the effort you have gone to and value what you have shared so that we are able to improve our guest experience.

We are deeply sorry that you were not happy with the location of your villa. As advised during our correspondence with you, unfortunately we are unable to guarantee your chosen locations or views, but we do try our very best.
This applies to ALL guests, and not just those who have booked special packages.

Those that visit us here at Niramaya Villas & Spa both returning, or new guests are shown the same experience. We do not wish for anyone to feel as though they are made to feel different let alone SECOND CLASS (i would hope in this day and age, there is no longer any such thing!) and we are extremely saddened to be informed you felt this way as it was certainly not our intention.

We would like to address your points further and would much appreciate if you could please contact us with the following details;

- When was Reception contacted to advise nothing could be found to clean the floor of the villa with? We send Housekeeping directly to the villa to assist if required in these instances.
- Why was a request not made for fresh towels? We would have replenished these immediately as advised on check in.
- Did it take Maintenance two days to get to the villa to look at the air con or was this when it was reported?
- Who did the Breakfast issues get reported to? I would like to follow up.

All issues that are reported to us are handled immediately and recorded in detail within the bookings. If they are not, it is taken very seriously.
I am unable to find any record of the listed issues being reported so that we could take action. And it saddens me to know that in the meantime you were unhappy.

We would sincerely love the chance to address the points you have raised with the help of further detail from yourself.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards,
Anna
Front Office Manager
Niramaya Villas & Spa

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Wowww, honestly did not feel like I was in Australia! The villas have a bali type feel and you are automatically transported to a relaxing, tropical secluded oasis.
11 of us stayed in 2 seperate villas, the larger one was nicer but still both very beautiful.
The villas are both indoor and outdoor so you'll be welcomed by some animals but they are harmless and very cute!
I would recommend keeping the bedroom doors closed at all times though :)
I had a lovely stay and would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This has to be the most relaxing splendid resort in Australia the ambiance and calm mood that this place gives you is unbelievable we stayed for 7 days and could have stayed for another 7 quite easily will return next year and maybe every year after very highly recommend superb a must stay

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple