“Lovely risotto”

Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: bel cibo is a stylish yet informal Italian restaurant in the heart of Port Douglas with superb food, great service & alfresco dining, on the mezzanine floor of the Saltwater building, perfect for watching the day go by or the activity along the Macrossan Street.
Reviewed 18 January 2016

The staff were very friendly. We thought the fish sharing platter was expensive for the size of the serving but was very tasty. The risotto was tasty and creamy.

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Thank you for an excellent 5 star review & I'm pleased that you enjoyed your risotto. I think there must be some confusion in regard to the expensive fish sharing platter as this is not something we offer. We do have a Seafood taster plate ( for one) that consists of Smoked Salmon w citrus mascarpone / Local Reef Fish coconut ceviche/ Crab & avocado bruschetta, 3 tasting dishes ,all at the more expensive end for us to buy raw products & prepare hence it is our most expensive entre at $21. I do hope you enjoyed it also as it is one of our most popular menu items. Cheers.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for bel cibo

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Feeling not very hungry we headed out for light meal. We read this place was ok. Our menu preview covered desserts so we went back from there.. I had a calabrese salad which was delightful and a margaretta pizza with boccacini on top. But the hightlight was the amazing tiramisu.OMG just sensational. Garnished with dark chocolate gelati and coffee syrup. My daughter wanted just vanilla bean gelati and it was lovely also. After we ordered I wished we had got the italian flat bread with garlic and parsley. Looked and smelled amazing. We would return to this place for sure.

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Thank you for a Great 5 star review & I had to laugh that you read the menu the same way as my wife, from the desserts! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us & see you next time. Cheers.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

We dined here for dinner and the menu and surrounds were looking promising. What was on offer appeared very good compared to some other restaurants in the area. You pay top dollar here for food but what we experienced was far from top quality. We found the food to be of average to poor fair and the steak was almost inedible. The staff here are good however and the turnaround is good also. But I wouldn't recommend the dining for the price you pay.

5  Thank Trio P
Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Thanks for your review & I'm glad you like the appearance of the restaurant & how what we had on offer was very good compared to some other restaurants. Not sure what you are implying that you pay top dollar here as anyone can read the prices on the 2 menus at the front of the restaurant & see that's far from the truth.It's disappointing that you didn't enjoy your Steak. This is surprising considering how many we sell every day with compliments. Having worked everyday since Boxing day I can say we haven't had a steak returned that was almost inedible, I have had 2 returned in 22 days that were cooked under the customer liking, which we replaced promptly. I hope you didn't order it past Medium as any Master chef watcher that MW & WD steaks are going to just as you describe. I do hope your complaint at the time was handled well, appropriately & professionally. Also I hope you achieved everything you wanted to by posting on TA. Ciao.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

My husband and I saw this quaint little restaurant upstairs and after reading the menu decided to have dinner. Well we ended up having dinner there about 4 times during our stay. This little restaurant Bel Cibo has an exciting menu that offers an excellent variety of cuisine that is so refined in taste and presentation. My husband had the fettuccine with sand crab meat in a tomato sauce whilst I had the scallops with pancetta and cauliflower sauce. Oh my goodness, this is quality at its best. The flavours are real Italian. I must admit I did compliment the chef and told him it was excellent 10 out of 10. Highly recommend the menu if you love Italian food.

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Thanks for an Awesome 5 star review. Reading another great review of clients that have repeatedly dined with us over such a busy period is fantastic for myself & the bel cibo team. Cheers.

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved this restaurant that sits on the mezzanine floor in the heart of Macrossan street. You are able to watch the world go by, whilst eating the best food Port Douglas has to offer.

My wife and I are foodies and often dine out, and we returned to Bel Cibo - 6 times for either lunch/dinners as we found this to be exceptional in all aspects during our last two weeks.

Service - was terrific, the waiters/waitresses remembered our drink order and would process them as we arrived, they looked after our 2.5year old with the food coming out promptly. On one occasion my daughter was not feeling great, and vomited on the tiled floor (not cos of the food, but because she had drunk way too much pool water). The waitress was out right away and made the stressful moment so much better. The waitress attempted to clean the mess (which we kindly didn't allow), had our main meals packed in take out containers so that we could enjoy the meal when we got back to our room. Very thoughtful, understanding and efficient staff.

The food is absolutely brilliant and of all the places we dined here are our ratings;

Bucci - zero - terrible!
Sassi - 8.5/10 - great Italian
On the inlet 6/10 - tourist trap.
Salsa 8.5/10 Great food.
Osteria Padella 8/10 Good rustic Italian.
Chilli Pizza 7/10 - ok!
2 Fish 5/10 - below average.
BEL CIBO - 10/10 just brilliant.

We recommended other travellers that we met at our resort to try Bel Cibo and they came back raving. A great restaurant with a great ambience, delicious food, excellent service and appropriately priced. See you again.

Cheers

Kiwichef, Owner at bel cibo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Thank you for you Absolutely Awesome 5 star review. Most of all thank you for coming in 6 times during your 2 week holiday in Port Douglas. It's quite an overwhelming read & the team have taken great pleasure in reading it as they all have been working very hard. I'm glad we were your favourite restaurant, your list is quite extensive. So thanks again & we look forward to welcoming you back next time.Cheers.