“Never fails to please!!”
Review of Songkran Thai

Songkran Thai
Ranked #132 of 667 Restaurants in Cairns
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

This hidden gem is amazing ! Authentic Thai food at its best. Fresh and delicious - please try the chicken satay sticks, they are devine!
This remains a family favourite for our takeaway treat nights - their menu caters to everyone and the staff are always helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This Thai is around the corner and after a few unfortunate incidents is serving pretty decent Thai. It fills a gap out our way for good Asian food.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I purposely avoid most Thai Restaurants due to disappointment , being cheap and poorly done . In the end I learnt to cook my own Thai at home, but now - Wow.......!!! Peter and his wife have absolutely blown me away with Song Kran’s amazing little gem , awesome fresh ingredients , fragrant herbs and spices . All served in sizes to happily feed a King or Queen .Cairns city Thai restaurants are nasty and over priced compared to Song Kran. This will now be a must go place every time we are in Cairns . Fantastic ! You must give Peter and his family’s awesome Thai a go , your tastebuds will flip out .Very friendly caring service , and great menu and prices.Every dish that came out of the kitchen was fantastic to look at and smell . Heaps of praise from all the locals in the restaraunt , also a constant flow of take away dishes walking out the door .

1  Thank Jodie D
Reviewed 22 January 2018

After being lucky enough to go to Thailand, I am blown away that we are able to get such authentic, scrumptious Thai food right on our doorstep. The owner always takes the time to explain any new dishes that I may order, and even helps me when I can't decide (as everything is really so good). I have only ever ordered takeaway and I always order ahead as this place is super busy (for good reason). Seriously, if you like proper Thai food, you must check these guys out.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This little restaurant is amazing - the food is second to none! Authentic Thai food serviced by friendly staff-it’s a small family restaurant hidden in the Bentley Park shopping Centre. The dishes are tasty and you can order spicy or mild.
The satay chicken sticks were a hit with our children, my husband and I shared a Pad Thai and fried rice with prawns - all our food was delicious!
Will definitely be returning here again!