All reviews quiet street two blocks continental breakfast free wifi stayed here for nights bed was comfortable home away from home centre of town short stay air con cairns esplanade rosemary tours australia motel kitchenette walkable
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I had asked for fixing the the broken toilet light since the first day I came here, and told the reception for more than 3 times, but even when I left, no one helped me to solve the problem. The broken toilet light made me uncomfortable!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
rosemarycairns, General Manager at Tropical Heritage Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

If you are considering booking the Tropical Heritage I urge you to ignore this review as it won’t apply to you assuming you know how to operate a light switch.

Two house keepers, our housekeeping supervisor, our maintenance person, two receptionists and myself all looked for the problem with your bathroom light while you were staying in the hotel but not one of us could find anything wrong with it. That is why the problem wasn’t "solved", because as far as we could tell their was no problem.

Your room has been occupied almost solidly since you checked out with no maintenance being carried out and we haven’t had a complaint from a single other person that anything was not working.

I am sorry everything was not as you expected but I can only solve problems that I can find and after almost half my workers looked for it and the numerous other guests have stayed in that room without indecent I am not sure that it even existed in the first place.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

At short notice I managed to find a room at the Heritage. The room is very basic, the bed comfortable and clean. The shower has a strong water flow and the water is hot. The location is not far from the centre of Cairns, located on a quite street and no noise from traffic. For its price I would recommend the Heritage for a short or long term stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian D

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always good to see guests sharing their opinions and especially their recommendations with the public.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Tropical Heritage Hotel and I hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We lucked out with room 201 with two single beds and decent size wardrobe and separate lounge room with 3 seater lounge and two armchairs. Two balconies off bedroom and lounge with small table & chairs but no view. Small kitchenette area with bar fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle and a variety of cutlery and crockery. Nice size TV in lounge and smaller one in bedroom which we didn't use. Air conditioners in the lounge and bedroom which we also didn't use. Small table with two chairs for eating breakfast. Decent sized bathroom (no bath) had the usual towels & facecloths with 2 small soaps and 2 small shampoo & conditioners. Shower hot with adequate pressure. Free internet but quite slow. We came with two other couples who got rooms 208 and 308 which was a standard hotel room and we all paid the same price even though ours had the lounge room. Walking distance to the Esplanade which is full of restaurants and very lively plus the Night market mall and Woolworths. Very convenient locations at a very reasonable price. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosBondi

Sounds like you really did luck out and received a complementary upgrade to one of our suits. I am very glad that you enjoyed the room and found the hotel to your liking.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I stayed for 1 night on arrival in Cairns before heading north. The staff were helpful and friendly, and I was able to get into my room before midday, which was a bonus! The rooms are basic but clean. The walls are a little thin (I could hear conversation from the next room). Good sized car park. Hotel is about a 10 minute walk to centre of Cairns.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

We will always let you in early as long as your room has been cleaned by housekeeping. It is just one of the ways that we try to offer the best possible service to our guests.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We spent three nights in a two bedroom apartment in Tropical heritage.

The check in was efficient and friendly. The rooms feel old, but have a good size, are clean, and the beds are comfortable.

Good wlan is provided, just a bit complicated that you always have to re-enter the user name/code.

The hotel is a 10 minutes walk from the esplanade in a quiet area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

The WIFI system has become rather outdated but we are now in the process of upgrading it to a new modern system that will solve all of the issues that we have around the current system. I am sorry that it was inconvenient to you and hope that you will return to try out the new system.