“Loved it!!! BBQ heaven ”

Riki Yakiniku Dining Bar
Ranked #181 of 693 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved it :))) my new fave place! We got the BBQ mix and a few other dishes and everything was delicious. Awesome sauces, heaps of flavour, great quality meat, super fast, friendly staff. Try the salmon teriyaki!

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Under new ownership! We were visiting from USA and came here when another place had too long a line. Our chef was Xee (pronounced Z) and he is an amazing Teppan Chef! I ordered meal A, my fiancé had the Teppan Chicken and he ate my fish and a few bites of my steak as meal A was just too much food for me. So yummy!! And Xee is a fun person!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Sadly, we stumbled across Riki on our last day in Carins or else I'd eat here every day! Riki has AWESOME lunch specials that are different every day, but a great value every time. We got the teriyaki and katsu bento box. There's so much food! On top of the teriyaki chicken and katsu, you get miso soup, fruit, a drink, rice, tempura...we were all stuffed at the end of lunch. The food is pretty solid and the service is so friendly and prompt! This may be the best deal in Cairns, and if you're craving Japanese food, Riki hits the spot. Nothing bad I can say about this place (and I'm pretty picky!).

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Because Cairns restrateurs hugely overcharge for wine, it was the BYO sign that initially caught my eye. Once inside, Riki delivered a bucket of ice for our own bottle of chardonnay. We each ordered the day's special which was a bento box with ample serves of chicken teriyaki, tuna & kingfish sashimi, tempura veg, miso soup, rice and all the trimmings. Our serves were so generous we couldn't finish them.
We pored over the menu and decided we had to come back. Riki sells a variety of sake by the litre at very reasonable pices. Had we known we wouldn't have brought our chardy. Riki is a treasure - and we shall be back.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Went for dinner with my husband and ordered from the BBQ menu. Ordered harami beef, pork rib, beef liver and squid, with a bowl of rice and a cabbage salad. Everything came out quickly, and service is lightning fast when you press the button on the table. Was still a bit hungry so filled up with a bowl of agedashi tofu. Very tasty, and the total bill was under $50! Will definitely be back in the future.