Cairns Girls Hostel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 161
US$ 147
  • Restaurant
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
Agoda.com
Il Centro Apartment Suites(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 137
Oasis Inn(Cairns)
US$ 72
US$ 69
Agoda.com
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
Cascade Gardens(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 204
US$ 197
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
US$ 82
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We really loved staying at the girls hostel in cairns. We had just arrived with the bus at 6am and the let us in the room directly so that we could get some rest. It was so nice cause we just have had some terrible nights on bus and on the boat to whitsundays so it was really nice! It was a little bit more expensive than in the rest of Cairns but still worth it for us. It was like the cleanest hostel we ever stayed in and as it's all girls it's pretty quite.

I would defently stay there next time if it's not with my boyfriend since he's not allowed ;-)

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank Gloriaaas
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Excellent hostel, i stayed here in Jan this year and it is very safe, facilites are good - kept very clean!! Plenty of places to chill out and just a very nice hostel. I would definately reccommend. Excellent location too. For me the only one down side is the lack of power points, the only ones I had were outside the room but this would definately not put me off going back, This was one of the best hostels i stayed in

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank carlyh5
Reviewed 15 October 2011

When traveling alone in a foreign city as a women it may be scary to stay in a hostel. Once I heard about this all girls hostel I booked it. It was $20 a night for a bed in a six bed room. It was very clean. There were multiple fridges and two kitchens. The owner gets you great deals on excursions if you book through the hostel, and they pick you up right outside! It was very safe and meeting the girls was a lot of fun! Also, a dinner at a local restaurant/bar was included every night. I liked it so much the first time, that I came back for a second visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank willtravel4ever
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This place is spotlessly clean and the staff are wonderful. The facilities are great, it's only a few hundred metres from the middle of town, it's quiet and secure - and there's no problem studying (no mixed Hostel parties to contend with). Great value for money

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yosen1
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My girlfriend and backpacked the east coast of Australia and stayed in Cairns for 5 days. It was one of the cheapest and good value for money hostels we stayed at during our 3 week trip.

Dawn, the owner, was very friendly when we arrived - thought she did require a full cash payment up-front. She was very friendly and helpful with all our tour/adventure bookings. I went scuba diving, snorkeling, skydiving, and white water rafting - She helped us book them all and cheap transport to the airport as well (5 bucks a person).

I did lose my key deposit of 20 bucks when I left in the morning, because no one was at the office when i left at 4am in the morning.

There were only 2 showers and 2 toilets on my floor, but I didn't have any problems needing to wait to them, probably because I was only there to sleep. If you are just passing through, it's a great value for money hostel 48 bucks for a private room (2 beds) per night.

Dawn was very friendly and helpful. One of the nights, she even brought her own home cooked meal and shared it with me!

The location of the hostel is waking distance from the main street where all the hustle and bustle is (about a 10 min leisurely stroll).

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Get Room number 2 or 3
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends