“Excellent!!”

Travellers Oasis Backpackers
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I had a great time at Travellers Oasis and I met a lot of good people (thanks for that because the weather was terrible!), I stayed for one week.
The place is clean (3 times a day, kitchen, etc...), looks absolutely great and there is no bunk beds (the beds are really comfortable).
I think the rooms are mixed and there is air-con ($1 for 3 hours).
The kitchen are good, as well as the showers (they are not many but I never had a problem).
There is a swimming pool, WIFI thru the hostel ($10/day or $6 from 4pm till 10am), washing machines, dryer...
There is a couple event a week, a pizza / beer night and a Great Aussie BBQ, where you get to try different kind of meat (emu, croc...), and then you can go out in Cairns with your free drink ticket!
It's about 10 minutes walk into the centre of Cairns.
I recommande Travellers Oasis to everybody!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I loved Traveler's Oasis. I would highly recommend it for travelers of all types. They have an amazing atmosphere,staff (including Helen!), rooms, amenities, help with booking tours, etc. The hostel is quiet and relaxing, yet easy to have a few drinks and party (with or without going to a bar/club after), and is an easy environment to meet people as well. Also, great fun at the BBQ hosted in conjunction with Tropic Days. Everyone I met and spoke to loved it as well!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I’ve stayed in a lot of hostels, and generally I don’t review them unless they were really good or really bad. In this case, it’s the former; Traveller’s Oasis was excellent.

The hostel itself is pretty standard. Standard rooms, bathrooms, etc. What made it stand out for me, however was the service. Upon arrival Helen spent at least half an hour with us going over what to do and see in Cairns (which they do with everyone upon arrival). This included going over a map of the town, where to go for good meal deals and activity options. When we expressed interest in doing a boat trip to the reef the next day, she not only provided us with numerous good choices, but also managed to get us a last minute deal (which turned out to be a large discount on an overnight trip). In addition, as we wanted to buy some supplies for the trip and it was getting late, one of the employees drove me around town to find what we needed.

Likewise, the service was exceptional when we hired a car for the day. The hire car company didn’t pick us up as expected, so someone from the hostel called to find out what was happening and then volunteered to drop us off at the car hire company offices in town.

The only setback was that there was a mix up with our bookings upon coming back from our boat trip, and we had to spend one night down the road at the sister hostel “tropic days.” We didn’t really mind, except for that it was about 10 minutes farther from town. With that said, I think the facilities at Tropic Days were actually better (free wifi, nicer rooms, bigger bathrooms, etc), it was just the location of Traveller’s Oasis that was superior.

Overall, I highly recommend this hostel (or Tropic days) and will gladly stay again, if Im ever back in Cairns.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I did some research into backpacker hostels in Cairns and this one came out on top. Travellers Oasis lived up to its reputation. The staff are friendly, the rooms and are clean and comfortable, and the location is perfect. I didn't want a party hostel and the location is far enough away from the night life but still an easy walking distance to the cafes, restaurants along the esplanade and the Reef Terminal where most of the tour boats depart. A place I'd stay again!

Room Tip: We had a private room.