Booked the tradewinds for one night before going on a dive live aboard. Location of the tradewinds is great, right on the esplenade and only a couple of minutes walk to restaurants and bars. I messed up my booking (as i do sometimes!!) but the reception staff sorted it out promptly and were really helpful. Thanks Guys. We had dinner at the inhouse restaurant which was great and being a Rydges member got 20% off all food and stuff consumed at the hotel (you can become a member on arrival and worth it). Room and bathroom did everything you needed them to do and the balcony was nice. The hotel had other ammenities like pool and spas but we didnt use these. If going on a dive boat you may leave too early for breakfast but dont fret they all servce breakfast oncec on board. Definitely stay at again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Cairns hotel suites are convenient to Cairns lagoon precinct, where guests can take a dip in the clear, blue water or enjoy sunning on sandy shores. Nearby departure points for The Great Barrier Reef make it easy for guests staying in our Cairns hotel accommodation to explore its incredible natural beauty. The Cairns city centre is also within walking distance and offers premier area shopping and dining hotspots. We offer 246 Cairns hotel rooms exceptionally equipped with desirable features. Most rooms open onto a private balcony overlooking scenic views of the ocean, tropical gardens and swimming pool. All rooms are en-suite and boast complimentary WI-FI, a mini-bar, iron and ironing board and secure safe. Rydges Tradewinds is also pleased to offer recently released movies and games for hire on tablet computers. The cost is just $15 per 24 hours for a tablet which plugs directly into your room TV. Our Cairns hotel executive suites and ocean front rooms include luxurious signature Rydges Dream Beds where guests can rest from the adventures of the day. A variety of Cairns hotel rooms are available to perfectly suit those seeking business, leisure or family accommodation. Dining is available at the onsite restaurant, Drift on the Esplanade, where guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking the Coral Sea. Spa by the Sea offers guests seeking relaxation luxurious onsite spa treatments. Those staying at the hotel for a Cairns event will appreciate its conference and events facilities, capable of hosting up to 500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Tradewinds Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Tradewinds Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Tradewinds Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Tradewinds Hotel