Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 219
US$ 337
US$ 174
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 214/night.

US$ 208
US$ 159
US$ 211
US$ 196
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 262/night.

Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 174
US$ 146
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 171/night.

Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$ 217
US$ 173
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 212/night.

US$ 134
US$ 87
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 888
Cancelon
2,516 results
All reviewsswim up bara pool view roomgreat poollarge pooltour deskbuffet breakfasttwo blocksstayed here for nightscentral locationport douglasthe great barrier reefesplanadefoxesduskcbdtoursqueensland
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I travel every 2 to 3 weeks on business. I consider myself flexible and not too precious but the NOVOTEL OASIS RESORT CAIRNS has driven me to scribe this.
Location is good however the room I was in, 306, was very average and not what you would expect from either the chain or the city regarding decor and "feel" but I can live with that bit.
Breakfast is disgraceful. $30 for a buffet is fine but you expect to have some quality as well. I paid and then sat down. The worst food court in Cairns was looking better at this point. Cereal everywhere( and I get people can be a bit messy, self included). Pastries that looked anything but appealing. Scrambled eggs looking very standard. What sent me over the edge was asking to order 2 fried eggs. "That will be another $5.00" said Jo the Manager I assume. Well now this is offensive pricing. I stated I had paid for the buffet but was told that the 3 types eggs get rotated and today you need to pay if you want them. Well.........I was not impressed. Asked Jo to come and see what is now ticking me off. Mess, presentation of food, quality, its just not acceptable was my angle. Jo, the Manager who I won't get personal about, thought it was "totally acceptable". I asked for my money back. Was asked did I eat anything and I assume because we were not really agreeing on anything and reluctantly she gave me my $30 back.
Principal was the issue. Its a disgrace to defend this poor, substandard fare but I understand by degrees her role. I spoke loud, that part is true. I was not happy.
I did then speak to the hotel Manager Michael, and in fairness he was superb at handling the situation.
Never again will I stay in that hotel. EVER. That is gouging customers and serving up gut filling, poor quality food and standards that need to be addressed and not denied.
There is so much more but it only gets worse.
I went 200m from the hotel, had a delightful breakfast and 2 coffees and spent less.

If this is a whinge, so be it. It was poor in every sense.

Room Tip: NOT 306. Its a throw back to an era long gone in the hospitality industry.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank happycamper1963
GMNovotelCairns, Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear happycamper1963
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience with us. As we discussed when you were staying here with us I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your breakfast in the restaurant. During high occupancy periods the buffet breakfast can be very heavily utilised and we have to plan and prepare accordingly to ensure the area is maintained and looked after correctly. Sometimes it is difficult to ensure every servery area looks immaculate all the time, but that is the challenge for us to look after and we must accept responsibility for it.
If you do decide to return in the future, please contact me directly I'd appreciate the opportunity to make it up to you and prove to you that we can provide the level of service that meets you expectations
rdm@novotelcairnsresort.com.au

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The room had a musty smell, the shower was only warm no hot water, looking out on to a construction, site to hear steel pylons hammered in all day, they replaced the good bar fridge with a smaller one without an ice block rack, booked a trip on the sky rail and they booked the wrong time , enough said.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
GMNovotelCairns, Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Peter J
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologise for the construction noise, it is on and off periodically and unfortunately we don't have any control over their schedule. If you would like a room guaranteed not facing in that direction I would recommend booking a Superior Room. As you mentioned, we have just recently purchased new mini bar fridges and they have now been replaced in all rooms. We are currently in the process of updating many items in the resort and we know this will positively impact the guest experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Excellent location close to shops, eateries and the promenade. Clean, quiet, well-equipped. Spacious room with really comfortable bed. Very good free Wi-Fi. A seriously fantastic pool with a mini-beach! Helpful staff. Very nice buffet breakfast and pool bar menu.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Bruce010
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our location in the city is ideal for enjoying everything Cairns has to offer. All the main attractions are right at our doorstep. I'm glad to hear you took advantage of our beautiful lagoon swimming pool and enjoyed our delicious buffet breakfast in Mizuna Restaurant as well.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Our family stayed here for two nights in connection rooms. The pool area is lovely and the hotel is close to everything. The only criticism is our room looked out over the very noisy construction site next door.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the construction site next door
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

This was my second visit here- last time I was in a standard room which was a bit tired but this time we upgraded to a pool view room (actually two adjoining rooms) and they were great. The pool was lovely, the staff so friendly and the hotel was generally really good value for money (especially since the kids room was half price). The location is really central to everything and although close to the airport the planes didn't bother us in the room. We would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Book a pool view room in the main building.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear CarmenRaynor
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us again!!! The interconnecting rooms will always be a better option if a few of you are staying and it also allows for privacy when required. Thanks for your kinds words about the team, I'll be sure to share with them. Hope to welcome you back again soon