Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$ 167
US$ 151
Hilton
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 171/night.

US$ 304
US$ 165
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 207/night.

US$ 259
US$ 207
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 192
US$ 165
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 192/night.

US$ 76
  • Breakfast included
US$ 134
US$ 135
US$ 71
US$ 177
US$ 164
  • Restaurant
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
2,542 results
All reviewsswim up bara pool view roomgreat poollarge pooltour deskbuffet breakfasttwo blockscentral locationport douglasthe great barrier reefesplanadefoxesduskpoolsidecbdqueenslandtours
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on previous occassions and have always found it to be of good value and great location, howver the Restaurant on previous occasions has excelled but on this visit the meals were well below standard and not what was written on the menu. i had the tomato prawn stew (bouillabaise) that was cold tasteless and to be blunt disgusting, the entree was a kangaroo pie with what tasted like boiled beef and no gravy, it took two glaases of water to wash this minicule pie crust down. the dessert was lychee three ways with tinned lyches used with out taking off the inside pith that comes off the stone. Breakfast was buffet with all hot food cold and when i asked for fried or poached eggs from the chef attempting to take temperatures to satify there HASAP regeme and was told that was not her job and ask someone else. I ended up only eating the cold food which was the sadest assortment for a buffet i have ever seen. even watch the female chef use her hands to stack the sweet cakes in the rack.

In all a Restaurant i will now not attend again and i will let my friends know as well.

If you think this is from a non food aware person, if my staff served that meal and the breakfast i would have sacked the lot and hired new staff. the head chef needs to be ashamed of himself even leting his staff serve swill.

The front of house staff deserve a medal for having to serve the food and had a very welcoming facade that should be congratulated.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank unbloodyhappy
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed here for one night, as I had business to attend to in Cairns. I had room 553, which is on the 5th floor, opposite the lifts.

My room was spacious, with a king size bed, with 4 pilliows, to choose from, (all had varying degrees of hardness/ softness). Room also possessed a balcony, which over looked the pool area. The room itself was clean and quiet. I did not have any problem sleeping from the bats (as previous reporters have written about). To be honest, I checked out at 9am and didn't hear any noise at all. Televsion worked, A/C was quiet and efficent - no complaints at all.

Check in/ out was easy as well.

The resort itself was in a good location, being a 5 min walk from the shopping area and about 10 min to the Esplanade.

Would I stay again, or recommend, yes I would!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
GMNovotelCairns, General Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thanks for taking the time to recommend the resort on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2012

excellent hotel,all staff and ammenities were world class,suitable for adults and family,loved the pool and beach with the swim up bar,this is where we will stay in cairns for our next holiday.Good gym, top restaurant

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The room looked ok when we walked in: nice and bright, clean linen, etc. But at closer look, there were tiny little ants walking around EVERYWHERE: the bedside table, the minibar, the bathroom counter, the walls... pretty gross. Made it so we couldn't store any food anywhere but inside the fridge. Also, early one morning we heard the alarm clock going off in the room next door... for 30 minutes! Obviously no one there, so we figured we'd just call the front desk to have them turn it off. When I picked up the phone, it didn't work! My partner had to walk downstairs (at 4 am!!) to the front desk to get help. Extrememly annoying. All that said though, the location was perfect: so close to everything. The price was alright (typically I don't expect to see bugs in the room unless the rate is < $100/night, but it was still ok). The pool was AMAZING. And the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
GMNovotelCairns, General Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

While I was pleased to read that you thought our pool was amazing and our staff were friendly I was disappointed to learn that our Housekeeping team had overlooked some important things, such as making sure your phone worked and getting rid of the ants. I wish to take this opportunity to apologize for any incovenience caused. Please rest assured that we shall take the steps necessary to ensure this remains an isolated incident.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide a higher standard of service the next time you stay at a Novotel hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were only staying for one night but enjoyed a lovely meal at the restaurant. The room we booked was on the 5th floor and unfortunately one of our party doesn't use lifts but they were very accommodating in finding us an alternative room on the ground floor. The location was fantastic and the rooms were clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends