Upon arrival we were warmly greeted. Everything went downhill from there. When we opened the door we were shocked to find a mother and her young child resting on the bed! After apologising and returning to the front desk, we were asked to take a seat while they sorted things out. This took some time and included a staff member going upstairs to ensure they were not giving us keys to an occupied room (again).
When they handed us the second set of keys we were told to be careful as the floors were still a little damp. We found the floor soaking wet, the refrigerator was open and stuffed with towels (defrosting), the air conditioning did not work and the bed was well below par. We were a bit tired, having arrived from an international flight so we opted to not create any more dramas for ourselves at this one night accommodation. While unpacking, a member of the cleaning staff walked in on us (without knocking), not realising the room was now occupied. By the way, there are no internal latches to ensure your security when you are in the room.
All I can say is that we were very happy to leave this accommodation the next day. While the location is great, it certainly is not worth the hassle of the incompetent staff. Also take note, the bars operate late and can be loud if you book the water view rooms along the beautiful Cairns esplanade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback, overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns