Acacia Court Hotel
US$ 102
US$ 173
US$ 169
  • Restaurant
Pacific Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
US$ 150
  • Restaurant
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 109
Agoda.com
US$ 154
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 184
US$ 170
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 288
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsa mountain view roomcomfortable place to staybit datedcairns esplanaderoom was clean and comfortablestayed one nightcharlies
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband and I have had another short holiday here and it is about the 5th time we have been here. The value is unbelievable, the Oceanfront rooms have unrestricted views over the ocean and good sized covered balconies. Although the furnishings are a bit out of date they are most comfortable and the rooms are always clean and well maintained. They have upgraded to TVs to large flat screens now and have Austar which is great.
The great price of $105 per night for the Oceanfront rooms is brilliant considering that a couple get a full buffet breakfast included in the price !!!!! The breakfasts go from 6.30am to 10am which is great for people going out on early Reef trips and also for those who like to have a sleep-in. There are about 4 types of Fruit Juices, an assortment of Cereals, Sausages, Scrambled eggs, poached eggs, hash browns, baked beans etc. There is also a selection of fruits and cakes as well as 4 different types of bread for toast. There is a Coffee machine which has all types to choose from as well as cups of tea.
If you went to have this full type of breakfast at a coffee shop or restaurant you would probably pay around $25 each. So if you take that off the price of the room you are only paying $55 per night which is marvellous and the reason why we go back at least twice every year from the Gold Coast. There is a full size tennis court at the property as well as a large swimming pool with spa. We have stayed at many different properties in Cairns but this is easily the best value for money. It is located about 2km north of the CBD in Cairns however this is a lovely flat stroll and takes about 20-30 minutes along a lovely walkway through the lawns and gardens along the way. It is only 2 blocks from the local bus stop which is handy for people who do not wish to walk that distance. A taxi from the Airport cost us only $18 which is great as we had 2 suitcases plus cabin bags. Highly recommended to anyone wanted good comfortable accommodation with lovely views.

Room Tip: It is definately worth the few dollars more to have an Oceanview room rather than a Mountain View room and a high floor is definately better.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annaliese6
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was our first visit to Australia and our first night was spent here. The hotel is rather worn and in need of a renovation. The beds were uncomfortable. The furnishings were a little shabby. The location overlooking the water was nice, but it's too far from the downtown area. The next time we'll look for a place a little closer. The rate was good. We paid $79 per night.

I was not impressed witht he restaurant. It was expensive, the buffet selection was rather limited and the food was not all that special.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were there for 5 days and the room was comfortable with a good view and it was good value. The hotel could use some simple modifications for updating - like getting rid of the nylon bedspreads and using quilts. Having said that, the staff was helpful and pleasant...there was Mr. Grumpy but he was easy to get to smile. The pool was delightful and the laundry room helpful. It was an easy walk downtown or a cheap fare. The hotel restaurant had an amazing seafood buffet dinner and a wonderful breakfast - whether you want light fare or a full blown breakfast. They had pots of coffee in the restaurant or a terrific espresso maker.

Room Tip: it would be wise to request a room facing the ocean...that might be considered the front of the hotel, certianly it is the water side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary-Page
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We viewed the room before booking and accepted it for what it was, an older style motel room but with fabulous views overlooking the Esplanade. We took the room we loved the view and thought it would be beautiful with the door open to this lovely view with the fresh air coming in. WRONG. We opened our balcony door and went out for 2 hours and came back to a wet room. Yes I know about the high humidity in Cairns but nothing would prepare you for what we came back to. The carpet was wet, all the tiles in hallway aa and bathroom were wet. The walls were wet, could see the condensation running down the walls. We had to wear shoes inside due to the floor being wet. I wiped the tile floor with the bath mat so I could stand in the bathroom without getting my feet wet and 5 minutes later the floor was wet again?? It really was the weirdest experience and most uncomfortable. When I opened he door to the corridor to go to the lift there was a small puddle of water at the entrance to our door. We told reception the next morning what had happened and asked if we could have another room and they gave us one. This time we made sure the air conditioner was off and in the beginning I kept our balcony door closed until the room had reached the normal temperature. I then opened the balcony door to get the nice breeze and freh air and approximately 2 hours later it was exactly the same as LT night, evything was wet again and I could not believe it. The air con was off. After the first night we saw signs in the lobby, in the lift telling guests to keep balcony door closed due to the humidity. We were not happy about having to keep the door closed at all and this should not happen in a hotel. We have lived in Cairns for 28 years and have air conditioning on and doors or windows open and this does not happen in the wet season.

The linen in both rooms were the worst I have had in a hotel. The bottom sheet was not a fitted sheet, they were both very old, worn and cheap and the elasticised parts that hold the mattress protector in place were broken so through the night the protector kept getting scrunched up underneath, it was very uncomfortable.
I really cannot recommend this hotel due to our experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank missyperu
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I payed $99 to stay for 1 night in an ocean veiw room, I was put on the 2nd floor so all I could really see was a tin roof covering the restranunt!! The room smelt damp and old, the bed linen not much better! My bathroom was "grotty" and mouldy. There were ciggarette butts around the sides of the pool on the floor...yuk! I have stayed in better hostels and backpackers for well under half the price and got a nicer room and MUCH better service!! I wont be returning Id rather sleep in the park

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo