“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Cairns
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Actually stayed October 2010 (apologies for late review). For our stay this place ticked all the boxes down to an art. Clean, relaxing, comfortable, close to everything and great staff. We had the perfect weekend away! A fantastic place and we are excited to come back soon to see the refurb!

Stayed October 2011
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Nathaen,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns. There have been many changes since you last visited! We completed a full accommodation refurbishment in 2011 and the hotel’s looking great. What hasn’t changed is the dedicated team of service professionals who work here and focus on ensuring our guest stays are memorable and relaxing. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

John Lucas
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

This hotel lives up to the Hilton name. What I liked about this hotel is the proximity to the strand and most shops. Short walk into the mall.

Room Tip: Higher floors better view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JaneLamb
Dear traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via TripAdvisor. I’m very pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us, making reference to the standard of accommodation and the hotel’s great location. I see you’re a long way from home but hope that we can welcome you back on your next trip to Australia.

Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our 10 year old for a week. Great location - walk to town, walk to the pier for all the Reef trips, etc. Great staff. Comfy room, with a superb view and balcony from the 9th floor. Hanuman restaurant also great. We upgraded to the exec room so we could have access to the exec lounge for breakfast and afternoon drinks - well worth it. And the staff there was also outstanding.
My only gripe was the "hot" tub at the pool. It was NEVER hot and the jets worked about 65% of the time. I complained and they responded, 3 times, but when I finally met the "engineer," he asserted that the correct temp was 34C (about 93F). Ridiculous. Recommended hot tub temp is 39C (about 102F with 40C/104F recommended top). Other than this minor disappointment, (which as you can see is a big deal for me) the hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: Get the upgrade for the view and the exec lounge.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Annie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns via TripAdvisor. It’s great to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay overall and I do apologise for the problems with the Spa – I will ensure the temperature is reviewed and re-set as needed. The Executive Floor is a great option for travellers and I’m pleased you’ve enjoyed the additional services available. I hope we can welcome you back to the Tropical North on your next visit to Australia.

Brandywine, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Hilton Cairns for 3 days in March 2012. It wasn't the typical Hilton style we were used to but could just be related to the overall area. Cairns in general we got more of a beachy, laid back feel as if we were in a shore town on the East Coast. Not a bad thing though. The hotel had all that we needed. Gym was decent (though they can get better A/C there). Room was clean and bed was comfy. The pool was great and staff was helpful. The location of the hotel was walking distance from the boat docks that took us out to the GBR which was uber convenient. The hotel is also walking distance from tons of restaurants and the Esplanade. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fybr01
Dear traveller,

Noosa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed 2 nights here, straight after staying one night at the Hilton Surfers paradise. Surfers Paradise is a brand new hotel and Cairns is maybe 15 years old or more (Renovated maybe 2 yrs ago??) but one thing was consistent, The staff were brilliant! I was greeted by Cecil when I arrived and the stay started off on a good foot. Patrick checked me in to my standard room ( No upgrade this time :-( ) yet even without the usual upgrade I was happy to get to my room which was clean and had a great view. I found the furnishing of these rooms to be more practical and comfortable than the Surfers Paradise Hilton but they were just a little older. Good breakfast, Jules and her team were friendly and efficient. Late night room service was really disappointing but I'm not one to stay quite so hopefully my friendly words will make a difference there, otherwise the food was good. Gotta say The people working in hotels are what make hotels memorable and comfortable. Really great staff here.. same as Surfers Paradise.

Room Tip: High floor = Better view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via TripAdvisor. It’s great to read you’ve enjoyed your stay with both Hilton Cairns and Hilton Surfer Paradise. You’re right that Hilton Surfers Paradise is brand new, a really positive addition to the Gold Coat accommodation scene and Hilton Cairns where we received a full refurbishment in 2011 – our rooms are now just one year old. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team – I know they always appreciate it when they hear from our guests that they’re doing great work. I hope we can welcome you back to the Hilton’s in Queensland on your next visit.