See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

This is walkable to the train station and also to bus junction and a movie theaters. Booking process is easy and people are nice here. The rooms need more cleaning under the beds and the bathroom on the second floor needs an upgrade. On the other hand if the tv and dvd worked it would have been an all different story.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2015

i first booked into the reef for 3 days and feel in love with the place ended up staying 3 weeks
the guests are so friendly and the staff are so nice and friendly noting is to hard for them to help with was like being back at home more like a extended family than the normal hostel
i me the old managers Bob and Romee then Tom took over and he is so friendly towards all the staff and guests helping every one out if he can

i would recomend this hostel to every one thanks for the good time i had there i will be back on my return travels

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Terry P
Constanze N, Manager at Reef Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2015

Thanks terry was great having you here wish you the best on the rest of your travels

Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

Good hostel for few nights in Cairns. My friend and I stayed in a double private room with bathroom separately and that was very good.

That hostel is clean. Breakfast at 8:30 so that is a bit late.

Good situation 10 minutes walk to the Esplanade/Lagoon. Closest shops.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 11 December 2014 via mobile

I stayed there one night before my 3 days diving course. The rooms are simple but good enough. The commom area seams really nice but I didn't really explore it. The atmosphere is really nice and friendly, there was a lot of people talking in the common are. The staffs are really nice, they let me left my bag in the luggage locker while I was in the boat for free and, when I went gey my bag back they let me wait for my bus in the hostel :) I would recommend it, if you don't mind for being simple. The place is really friendly and I felt safe (saw computer charging alone and let my cellphone charging and there was no problem).
The airport pick up it is the only thing I would complain, as I waited more than a hour to be picked up.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PrisCunha
Reviewed 25 November 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there for 6 days in a female only dorm. It was clean and the wifi worked well. The showers were okay.
Unfortunately we missed the free breakfast several times, because it's only between 8:30 and 9:30 (our tours started earlier).
If you don't want to spend too much money for accomodation, I would definitely recommend staying at Reef Backpackers.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends