Villa Shangri-La
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 147
US$ 214
US$ 163
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 94
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 139
US$ 102
Agoda.com
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
Orbitz.com
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 89
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was excited to stay in my first Shangri-La; what a disappointment. I don't know why Shangri-La would have their name on the building and allow their reputation to be tarnished by this hotel. Cairns in general should be avoided. We made a mistake in staying here. The whole place is rather a dive. Wish we had stayed in Port Douglas. Shame on me for not researching better. The rooms are crappy. Pool was OK.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CalifAdventurer
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We found this hotel to be a good balance between affordability and services. The services are adequate, but not over the top, and the room is of good size with all the things we need. Minor issues were addressed quickly, and the concierge desk helped a lot, especially with our excursion booking. The lobby is very spacious, but our rooms is a little too far, not that it matters to us though. The location is one of the best in Cairns, so close to the pier that we literally made to our excursion boat within minutes after the last minute booking!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here for a week with my daughter while we explored the area. We just wanted somewhere to sleep and were out all day. My heart sank when I first saw the accommodation - it was very old and very basic. However, it was immaculately clean and we didn't need fancy furniture or facilities and it was cheap. There was everything we needed, including off-street parking. The owner was friendly and helpful. In fact, it was just right for what we wanted.

I would definitely stay here again unless I was planning to spend more time in the apartment and less time out and about.

Room Tip: Get the furthest one away from the road as it gets quite noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SN54
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I needed to go back to Cairns from interstate for my mothers funeral. We looked for a place that offered a good price and had whatever we needed... we FOUND it!

Basic 2 bedroom apartment... older style building... but clean and the Manager Peter couldn't be friendlier! Whatever our request - it wasn't too much... and the disappointment on his face when his wife was unable to print something for us (for the funeral) was saddened to say the least!

Close to the airport - and to the city on the main street going into town - the traffic noise was a little too much for an aunt (earplugs worked a treat)... although the rest of us found it ok. I turned the air-con on fan to have a rest during the day and that took away the traffic noise.

Thanks so much Peter for making our stay tolerable - under the sad circumstances - it really did alleviate the pressure and your empathy and helpfulness was so very welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family