Tradewinds McLeod Holiday Apartments
US$ 274
US$ 155
  • Pool
BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 167
US$ 146
Hilton Cairns(Cairns)
US$ 143
US$ 129
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 214
US$ 163
US$ 155
US$ 146
US$ 130
US$ 115
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 81
Agoda.com
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 102
  • Pool
All reviewstour bookingswashing machine and dryerexcellent location for walkingfurnished apartmentshort or long staylovely pool and bbq areathe main city areaself containedsecurity gatewhole complexfridge freezera great nights sleepwet seasonnorthern beachesvisit cairnsshort walkgreat place to stay
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I found the holiday apartments to be great value for our family. The staff were helpful and it was great being able to relax around the swimming pool. The apartment is two bedrooms with everything needed to prepare food. This allowed us to prepare our own meals and make further savings. It is also in walking distance to take away food outlets and a restaurant. The room was clean and secure and there is some undercover parking that we took advantage of.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We booked 2 units and shared it amongst the 6 of us for a few nights. It was decent and neat. A self-sufficient apartment so there was no problem with cooking and laundry. There were also broom and mop. They come in handy for those who stay long enough.

The apartment is also within easy access to the city and the airport. With the location, it is quiet most of the time. There are sufficient parking bays within the compound. So parking is not an issue and the gate is closed at night. A little sense of security. :)

A little down side was the bed we had. The few of us thought they were a little bit soft.

Room Tip: It's a walk-up apartment. So, if you have a lot of things to carry or if you have walking difficulties, it's good to request for ground floor units.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My family and I were very impressed with our 2 bedroom apartment at Tradewinds McLeod. This apartment was the best accommodation that we had stayed in on our family road trip around Australia. The apartment was very clean, modern and comfortable, it really felt like we were at home. I slept like a baby for the first time in a week, the beds were perfect. The shower is the first thing that I normally whinge about on holidays but it was extremely clean as was the rest of the modern bathroom The shower was also hot with plenty of water pressure and I didn't have to chase a few droplets around, I've never felt so relaxed. I was also amazed at the price, this is the best value for money that anyone could ask for. I will be recommending this place to all my family and friends and on my return to Cairns I will definately be back to stay at Tradewinds McLeod and that is a promise !!!

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished room as they are refurbishing at the moment one by one.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed in a two bedroom apartment for three nights with husband and three children aged 5, 8 and 9. We were told that we had the worst (yes worst) apartment and there were apologies from management, but when we opened the apartment door - it was fine, comfortable, roomy with everything we needed. OK it was a bit outdated (we did get a great $ deal though) - it was really roomy with a good modern tv, great recliner couch (loved the couch) and plenty of room for us all. It had a washing machine and dryer, microwave, oven and new dishwasher. It was quiet, close to the esplande and we walked into town to do the lagoon pool, muddie's playground and night market (which were great). Really enjoyed this place. The pool was good. Reception were great in helping us book our Karunda scenic railway and skyrail adventure. Would I stay here again - you bet I would - a really great place ;-)

Room Tip: Get first floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank sus123travel
Tradewinds_McLeod, Manager at Tradewinds McLeod Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Thanks for the great review, we feel relieved that you still liked the room even though it was our last available, makes us feel better.

Reviewed 24 February 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom one bathroom apartment with kitchen at the Tradewinds Mcleod for 10 nights. It was nice to be able to cook-in while on vacation, eating out everyday can get old pretty quick. The kitchen had four burners on the stove and an oven for baking. They even had a microwave, dishwasher and toaster along with cooking pots, pans and other utensils.

The apartment included a washer and dryer in the unit so we were able to do our laundry as needed without going out. The accomodations were very clean and comfortable, the location was quiet and it had plenty of parking for our rental car.

The managers were very helpful and were willing to spend A LOT of time helping us choose the right tours for our family. We were able to book and pay for the tours right in their office. They even helped us rent a car upon arrival.

I highly recommend this place for anyone traveling with children and I would defintely stay there again next time I'm in Cairns.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family