“Quality”

Hana Zushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,788 of 5,115 Restaurants in Brisbane
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

We have been here many times
We love Japanese food, after 2 months of touring Japan’s more remote regions.
This is 5 star most nights. 4 on a bad day. Fresh food great service

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have eaten here twice in the last couple of weeks, both times were excellent. Food was freshly prepared and extremely well presented. They have a good range of various types of Sushi and their Sashimi platters are excellent.They have a good range of various Sake's and other drinks, including some Soju. I will be going back here again

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I wished I could eat more as everything I tried was delicious. BBQ skewers and sushi rolls were the highlight. Service was good.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I was saddened when the previous Japaneses restaurant Oshin closed down at Sunny park, it was a favourite of mine for many years, and when this one popped up in its place I was hesitant at first to try it, the prices when up, and at the time I didn't think the quality could go up to be able to justify the extra.. and boy was I wrong..

I have yet to have any bad quality food or service here since it opened up, and many of friends and family have adopted this as their go to Japaneses restaurant of choice.

Quite often around the place you see wonderful photos of items on the menu and what you get delivered to the table is a disappointment.. but never have I revived a dish and though that it didn't do the photo on the menu justice..

Highly recommended for those who love quality Japaneses food but don't want to pay an arm and a led.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Our son Michael swore by this restaurant (been many times), but then again the whole family eat anything, anywhere, anytime, so for his 40th dinner last night it was Japanese, so off we all went.
The restaurant atmosphere is delightful. Nice spacing between tables, large high back fabric comfy chairs - no numb bum!!
Table setting interesting and really well laid out. Lots of thought.
I've travelled overseas a lot, though not Japan yet, so if you have never had Japanese before be ready!!
First glance at the brilliant menu (with pictures of all meals) I knew a pre dinner drink might be needed. Confusion reigned - even the English words were complex.
So to start, Warren was driving, so ordered a coke. This went extremely well.
The drink section had spirits - yummo, so I asked for a brandy and dry, as per the menu. Our waiter did not speak English well at all. I had to point to it on the menu. The menu said 'dry' so I said, as you would, brandy and DRY. He said ginger beer, "no, dry ginger ale". This confused him. So I had to explain as per menu. Thought he had it, but I got Scotch and ginger beer. By 7pm I'd have drunk bleach, so down the hatch it went.
Even when wait staff cannot speak English well, I can understand, but when they don't understand their own menu, I worry.
Warren and I ended up with a fried pork platter and one with chicken.
Each platter is about six different dishes - I only recognised chicken, pork and rice.
Michael explained there was pickled cabbage, miso soup, some fishy cake in soup, and a steamed egg with prawn and chicken.
Food was delivered to all the wrong people so we spent quite a lot of time swapping dishes all over the table and as I had no clue what I was eating, I just ate what anyone put in front of me. But the food was fresh, clean and plenty of it. Just much I could not eat - just a different taste I think! Michael ate all of his and others when they weren't looking too.
Menu also stated five or six red wines, only sold by the bottle (though white is sold by the glass or bottle).
However on asking for a bottle of red, we were told there was no red. Not one bottle of red in the entire restaurant. Someone had to go out to get bottles of red and this took nearly an hour. I was getting a bit cranky, but even if you have a bit of a whinge, they just keep smiling. I don't know what I drank as they only came back with two bottles - one in each hand and my husband picked one. By then I didn't care - just pour a glass.
So my advice is if you want to try here, and give it a go: ring first.
Maybe even ask if the menu can be emailed to you or is on a web page. If you want wine, check if it is in stock before going and if you want a brandy, take your own small bottle of dry ginger ale.
Glad I tried it though, great experience, but not again.
Oh Yes, before I forget, I spent all night on the toilet. I think it was seaweed.