“Wood fired Pizza”
Review of Tinderbox Kitchen

Tinderbox Kitchen
Ranked #287 of 5,146 Restaurants in Brisbane
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Had noticed this place during a stroll through James St shops at night after having a coffee in Harveys, the pizza on someone's table caught my eye, and made a note to self to come back and try it. A slow Sunday night just before they closed but the staff were happy and efficient coming back several times to see if we were happy with the food. The water bottle delivered to the table in a nanosecond in a very interesting patterned bottle seen no where else, friendly efficient staff, My margherita mouthwatering, its close to Palace Centro for a quick pre dinner bite, subdued lighting set up. I had no room for a coffee, but my dining companion was not fussed on the double shot cappuccino.

We dined al fresco - its a cool place to eat near the sound of the fountain. I feel better now that there is somewhere that can do the wood fired pizza with thin base, as I never got over Vespa Pizza departing New Farm. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

Meals were really good and original. I loved the wood roasted corn and the spiced cauliflower.
But it was the service that was legendary. We must have been asked by 3 different waiters when we first sat if we were right for a drink. They were knowleadgable, friendly (without that annoying "how's your day" gushiness) and efficient. They took pride in their restaurant. The food came out lightning fast. Whilst there was a gap between entree and mains, IT was almost too quick!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Lovely environment with lots of food options. The food is very nice and reasonably priced. The service from the waiters was really good however there are a few staff members that were in casual clothes (I'm guessing either owners or managers) there service was bad. They treated us like we were an inconvenience when we turned up 5 minutes early for our
Booking and then made us wait 15 minutes for a table.

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

Well,what a great day we had at tinderbox kitchen in James street at new farm
Organised a birthday lunch for a friend and had about 20 guests
Have been going here for lunch mainly but also dinner as have the best pizzas ( the mushroom one is far and away the best pizza in town.. Sorry Beccofino! Yours is great too but this is my fave)
Pj harvey is well known for his great food such as Harvey's and deservedly so but this is a smaller more casual and friendly place just behind it with one of the best managers namely Kathy who is not only efficient but delightful and a lovely person..
She went out of her way to make it a special afternoon and made a birthday cake for birthday boy Jay herself as she felt it was a pleasure to do it for him
The food kept coming and everyone is still sending messages to sAy it was the best food and afternoon they had experienced..
felt I should let you all know about this place although I hope it doesn't mean we can t get a table any more!
Forgot to say the salads were also mouthwatering and very different without being too arty
Yummmm!

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Relaxed setting, simple menu with great wood fired pizzas and the slow cooked lamb was beautiful. A good choice for a date night followed by drinks on James Street