“A nice surprise”

Pu Kwong Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #1,452 of 5,014 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I ate here last Friday with my daughter, who is considering becoming vegetarian, so wanted to see what a restaurant offers.
We had wontons and "drumsticks" for entree. Both really delicious.
"Chicken" with cashews and Sweet & Sour "pork" for mains. The non veg component in the cashew dish was a little large as a serving but taste was okay. Sweet & sour was so delicious. Did not seem vego at all.
Overall a nice dining experience and will definitely go back and try different dishes.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have been here 3 or 4 times now and I plan to continue coming here every time i'm in Brisbane as I literally crave their food its that good! The only fault I would have with this place is that its in the middle of nowhere basically and the last time I went there their food all had price increases, my meal I usually order had a price increase of nearly $5!! making it around $15 which sucked! This place seems to be unknown by most people because of its location, This place has the potential to do really well if they put more effort into getting the place out there e.g. signs, fliers, ads in Brisbane city to get more customers! If they did this they wouldn't need to increase their prices! Apart from that I would recommend the place as their food is delicious & its so awesome that all their food are meat free!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Sharing plates can be really complicated when people in the group are vegetarian or vegan, and this restaurant is a handy way to overcome this. Food was really tasty, some of the 'meat' textures not quite the same, but closer than you might expect. Decor is in that very standard no fuss Chinese restaurant 'style', which is a positive or negative depending on how you look at it! For Sunday lunchtime, it sure got very busy too!

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

As a meat eater I was concerned that I wouldn't enjoy the vegetarian variety's that were on offer. I was so surprised at the great taste and great friendly service.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Absolutely delicious and so much to choose from. Will definitely be back next time we are in Brisbane.