Stayed last weekend. Location was fantastic- right @ Southbank. Step out of the front door, cross the road & you're right in the middle of the buzz of Southbank. It's an easy walk across the bridge to the city shops or catch the Citycat. Hotel is easily accessed from the airport by train with the hotel situated just a few minutes walk from either South Brisbane or Southbank stations.
Room was comfortable, clean and modern and the kitchenette with microwave in the studio room made it easy to heat meals and prepare sandwiches etc. I arrived very early and reception staff were friendly and helpful and we were able to check-in to one of the two rooms we had booked at 10:00am.
I had requested a room away from the train line following the advice of other reviewers and the room overlooking Grey Street proved very quiet from both inside and outside the hotel.
The only disappointment was the breakfast- At $30 or $25 if you pre book there was a very limited selection. We were told that food was not replenished after 10:30am so we arrived at 10:00 There was very little hot food and it was slowly brought out in very small quantities in 'dribs and drabs'. The quality of the food was good but the selection was far too limited for the price (no cakes or croissants). The breakfast staff were inattentive (one girl was quite rude) and need some hospitality training. I will stay here again but either make breakfast in the room or eat at one of the many restaurants at Southbank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra South Bank is conveniently located on Grey Street, opposite the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre and within walking distance of several major tourist attractions including the Queensland Performing Arts Complex, State Art Gallery, Museum and South Bank Parklands. Public transport, including buses, trains and the famous Brisbane River City-Cats are all within walking distance of Mantra South Bank, ensuring all that Brisbane has on offer is right at your doorstep. The hotel offers a range of accommodation options such as hotel rooms, studios, one and two bedroom apartments. All rooms have been stylishly designed to offer guests maximum comfort and feature air-conditioning, mini-bar, plunger coffee & tea making facilities, direct-dial ISDN telephones, voice-mail, broadband internet access (fees apply), LCD televisions and DVD player, in-house movies and personal in-room safes. All Studio rooms have a kitchenette and all apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities and private balconies, some with city views. The property offers guests an array of professional services and facilities including a 24 hour reception desk, 24 hour concierge, 24 hour room service, on site Stone Restaurant & Bar, gym, pool and spa. Small conferences for up to 48 delegates can be catered for in 'The Boardroom' or 'Meeting Room' and for larger functions, Stone Restaurant & Bar can cater for up to 150 guests. Combined with the close proximity to Brisbane's major attractions, Mantra South Bank is the ideal choice for business and leisure travellers looking for comfort and convenience. **THIS IS A NON SMOKING HOTEL** Business Facilities Small conferences for up to 48 delegates can be catered for in 'The Boardroom' or 'Meeting Room' and for larger functions, Mantra South Bank's Stone Restaurant & Bar can cater for up to 150 guests. Every guest room has Broadband internet connection and secretarial support can be arranged. Fax and copying services are also available for an additional fee. Check In Instructions: (hours of operation) Check in 1400hrs Check out 1000hrs Check in is from 2pm, if you do arrive earlier we can store your luggage for you. Check out time is 10am. You will be required to leave either a credit card imprint or a $250 refundable security deposit along with photo ID on check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra South Bank, Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra South Bank Brisbane
- Mantra South Bank Hotel Brisbane