“Great Italian and quality Service”

Colle Rosso Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #322 of 5,114 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Colle Rosso is the Authentic Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria and Take Away in Red Hill... and the name Colle Rosso means Red Hill in Italian!! Reddish orange walls, wooden brown details and green plants create a warm atmosphere that takes you straight to Italy! Located just minutes from the Brisbane CBD and Suncorp Stadium, Colle Rosso provides a traditional and rustic approach to dining out, with high quality food and service in a family friendly environment. The menu consists of authentic and regional Italian meals as well as dishes that put a twist to traditional recipes, and includes thin and crispy base Pizza, Homemade Pasta, Entrees, Main Dishes and delicious Desserts! Colle Rosso caters for Celiac, Dairy Free, Vegetarian and Vegan people, and also for Kids with a dedicated Menu. Fully Licensed, Fully Air-conditioned and with Pirvate Parking available, Colle Rosso is open every night and welcomes private functions and large number groups also at Lunch time on request.
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Wanted some good Italian and this place is easy to get to on the north of Brisbane. While we had no booking on a Saturday night they managed to put us on a small table when we arrived early. Within 30 minutes of arriving at just after 6 the place was packed. The food was high quality and fresh. The service was spectacular and what we have seen in top restaurants around the world. The meals came out quickly and time between courses was just right. Overall a great place to get Italian and I can recommend both the Seafood pasta and the pizzas we had. I would recommend booking and there is a great area down the back they look like they can section off for large groups. There is parking around the back as well. Will be going back here again.

1  Thank MandyandTim

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

We spent an nice paced 2 hours here with good service, delicious food and very reasonable prices. We shared an entree and had a scoop each of gelato for dessert. And a bottle of wine for $50 each. Good value. I had risotto gamberi with lobster and pea sauce. Lovely. Staff are very accommodating and there when you need them. Great place for a relaxed dinner with friends.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Having one of those rare nights when we didn’t have the kids, we decided to head out for a bit of “us time”. Colle Rosso is one place I have wanted to check out for some time. It was worth the wait.
You are welcomed by lovely staff. Like you are one of the family. And family is what this place has in spades. Lots of tables with little celebrations going on. And it seems nothing is too much trouble, as I saw the staff going that extra mile for the diners many times throughout our visit.
Now the food was spectacular. Generous servings and packed with flavor. The chef and associated kitchen staff obviously take pride in the plates that are sent out. The risotto was one of the best I have ever had and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her serving of pork belly. Our only criticism would have to be the relative blandness of the Tiramisu which we shared. Beautifully presented, but didn’t deliver that extra coffee punch you expect with this dessert.
Overall a lovely place. I’d love to return and try the pizzas and wash it down with one of the nice Italian red wines they have to offer.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

My wife and I, and three others, dined at Colle Rosso on Saturday evening (20 Feb 2016). I have been here 3 times before over the past 18 months. The last time (other than last Saturday) I remember ordering the risotto, and it had the consistency of soup! I am Italian and I've tried a lot of different Italian food. The risotto I was served was rubbish and passed off good Italian food.
I should have sent it back, but I decided to say nothing. Any one can make a mistake I suppose, and besides, when I had been here before the food had been reasonably good.
So last Saturday, a party of 5 of us had dinner here. We sat down at a table where we could hardly hear ourselves speak - the noise was so loud.
I ordered anti-pasto and calamari to share. The anti-pasto was expensive for $25 given what was presented - very small portions. The calamari was fine.

We had not even finished these "starters" when the waitress (without asking) took away the still unfinished starter dishes.
I ordered fettuccini past for mains. So dis another member of our party.
The sauce tasted like it had come out of a can!
I thought it might have been just me. I asked my wife to taste it. Yes, it was pretty poor all round. They were passing this stuff off as good Italian food for $27 and it was barely eatable!
The service seemed rushed. The removal of plates of food unfinished and without asking; the waitress picking up a paper napkin on the floor which I dropped and then the waitress forgetting to get you a new one; the meal specials not being discussed with you when ordering and the sense that they wanted you to place your order quickly, collectively confirmed to me that the service at this place has taken a big dive.

The worst however, is the drop in the quality of the food. This experience confirmed for me that this is not a "once of". I know what good Italian food is, and unfortunately what I have experienced here on more than one occasion is food which is tolerable to eat, but which can only be described as "very poor Italian food" for which they are charging to dollar. ( Albeit, the waitresses all speak Italian, but that doesn't help the food.)

Unfortunately this place is very disappointing. It's expensive, and they serve poor quality Italian food ( in my opinion). The service is not great, and it's noisy.

Unfortunately the only good thing I can say is that décor of the restaurant looks good. But then I didn't spend well over $300 here for the 5 of us to look at the décor.

1  Thank Gabriel G
Reviewed 28 January 2016

We had some arancini balls and delicious pasta tonight and the bolognese sause remind me my mum s cooking, such an authentic taste! Lisa makes you feel confortable straigh away with her kind manners and great service. Good italian music in the backroung, i felt so much at home that i have started to speak italian with my australian partner! Last but not least a great macchiato to end our special night its what you want. Thanks to all the staff for your professionality