All reviews rooftop bar boutique hotel honesty bar the main hotel story bridge lovely boutique high tea brunswick street farm park small hotel the general manager nespresso machine quiet street james street breakfast was delicious inner city little touches
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We stayed two nights in this wonderful hotel. The general manager and his staff made our stay really amazing. Delicious food, good location, eco friendly amenities, it really made us feel at home. Nice small roofterrace and lovely garden. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Ask foor the room with the balcony!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Judith van V
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Spicers Balfour is a hidden gem. Excellent facilities and sensational team. Their "modern Australian" restaurant with an Asian theme is outstanding. Definitely on our must return list. Just love the retro Balfour suite.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I stayed a night here in July and didn't really like my stay.

Pros:
Beautiful room (had the top suite)
Amazing and unique
Lovely personalised service.
Great location near some great restaurants.
Very quiet street.

Cons:
I didn't like my breakfast at all. I had heard that it had won awards. I hardly ate it and went straight from there to a coffee shop to get a breakfast I could eat.
I personally didn't like the bed, but I am spoilt and love soft supportive beds moreso than firmer beds.
I felt the service at Breakfast was rushed and impersonal. Poor girl was run off her feet, so they seemingly need to employ more staff. She seemed lovely.

Room tip: I stayed in the top suite, but won't be staying here again, sadly.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Daren_Mallett
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Had a great room for a few nights in Brisbane whilst on a business trip. Spacious with all the bells and whistles. Comfortable bed and loved the bathroom design. The location is close to everything. Recommended!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2018

From check in to check out, the staff at Spicers Balfour were so attentive. The suites are so beautifully designed, the food is amazing, and the rooftop bar is a must for a view of the Story Bridge. I will be back again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo