“best middle estern cusine” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Afghani, Middle Eastern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
brisbane
“best middle estern cusine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

the restaurant was recommended by a friend and I tell you what I wasn't disappointed. I was surprised by the quaint decoration.the atmosphere was calming and relaxing. i never had afghan food before and I found it to be delicious and full of flavors and I loved it .I will certainly be returning again. I recommend to everyone who want to try something different.:)

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tammy086
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Brisbane, Australia
“not very enthusiastic...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

Well I went they hoping for some good Afghan food...recommended by an Afghani taxi driver...Food was good but not much for the price and it didnt really excite me. The people were polite when dealing with them however the service was pretty bad...I will not be returning to fast.

• Visited January 2011
Charlotte, NC
“Great Little Restaurant with BYO Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

Originally, we planned to go to a local Lebanese Restaurant in Paddington, but when Brian from Lucerne on Fernberg B & B recommended Chopan, we decided to try it & were not disappointed. The restaurant accepts reservations, but as it was midweek night, we were quickly seated and placed our order. The cuisine is Afgan, more-or-less type of Mediterranean, everything nicely presented with lots of choice. We had lamb & beef, cooked on a charcoal (their speciality) with rice and a lot of vegetables. The portions were quite huge, but we did not feel hurried. We brought our red Australian wine from the bottle shop close by, other people brought beer or wine. We had a nice meal under AUD 30, sharing the appetizers. At the end of the meal the lady owner came to everybody's table to make sure we had a lovely meal. Nice touch.

4 Thank Sophie0811