New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #35 of 166 Hotels in Brisbane
Singapore
“Short Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Good location if you are only stopping for the night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMBrisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane Airport, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Antz69,

Thanks for your review. Great to see you enjoyed our convenient location in the Brisbane Airport precinct.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Alex Penklis
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Honiara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I've stayed here twice now, primarily due to the hotel's proximity to the airport. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the restaurant/bar is pleasant. However, although it mentions wifi is included in the rooms, it costs a staggering AUD 24 for 24 hrs (compared to AUD 11 for 1 hr). Also, the shuttle to and from the airport is actually AUD 5 per trip. Staff are drone-like, able to answer questions, unable to smile. Value for money as a whole determined purely by location. Will be staying here again but only because it's easier than staying in the city centre, definitely not for the experience.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear CROR,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I’m very sorry to hear that you have found our staff unfriendly, and I assure you that this has been addressed with our front office team.

Whilst there is a charge for internet in our Standard King and Standard Twin rooms, we do offer complimentary internet in our Premier Rooms and Executive Suites.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you better on your next stay.

Best Regards,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

While on transit from a flight from Norfolk Island back to Europe, I had a night booked at the Novotel Brisbane Airport for checkout this morning . This was the first and last time. I have stayed several times at the Novotel downtown in Brisbane. I thought it would be more convenient staying at the Airport hotel. I was wrong :(

Here is why:
1) Service - at checkin it was fine - at checkout if was bad - what an arrogant guy (cashier 3 on my invoice) - really a customer I don't care attitude. I came out of the evelator struggling with 2 large suitcases and one roller carrying on. We made eye contact and he didn't move a muscle. Just waiting until I would struggle getting to him. He told me my grand total ($477.51 AUD) - 239 for a regular room is hefty so you would expect service - never expect anything (at least with this guy). I asked to see the bill. He first processed the credit card and then printed out the bill and gave it to me in such an arrogant way.
2) Transport - for me an airport hotel is one that is close to the airport and where a 4 star hotel would have a shuttle service. They have none. There are buses running but want to leave the hotel at noon time - you need to take a taxi. So I asked my front desk clerk to book one. He said "will be here in a minute". Those minutes were 20 and only because after 15 minutes I went back in to ask where the taxi was. 5 minutes later it was there. The cab driver got his job order only the second time.
3) Room - they did put me in a room for disabled people (I'm a private pilot in perfect health) next to the elevator - was noisy from early morning (mainly from cleaning staff and people chatting around the elevator)

You are way better off staying at the Novotel Downtom Brisbane - nicer staff (not that nasty guy) and they are very helpful.

Room Tip: Go to Novotel Brisbane Downtown and if you must stay at this hotel - get one away from the elevator
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maarten V
Dear Maarten V,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at Novotel Brisbane Airport.

I’m sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your experience during check out is certainly not up to our usual high standard and I assure you that the problem has been addressed with our reception team.

Unfortunately our airport shuttle runs only limited hours during our busiest checkin and checkout times. However, when leaving the hotel at midday there is a complimentary Airport Village shuttle available a short distance from the hotel. I also sincerely apologise for the delay in booking your taxi, and this has been addressed with our concierge team.

I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you better on a future occasion, and have made a note against your guest profile for future stays to ensure that you are allocated a room away from the elevators (and not in a special access room).

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to discuss further on +61 7 3175 3100 or email alex.penklis@novotelbrisbaneairport.com.au

Best Regards,