““Afternoon of bliss””
Review of Fogata

Fogata
Ranked #6 of 5,225 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 28
Description: At Fogata Bar & Restaurant we celebrate and cherish Latin American culture, cuisine, music and lifestyle - We hope you enjoy the experience!
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Just arrived back from a really enjoyable afternoon with my daughters at this excellent bar/restaurant. It was my birthday, celebrated in our “traditional” manner, lots of cocktails. Food was great, drinks divine, service sublime (Henry and Gustavo)
All in all, this was an superb afternoon - do try the Mescal.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1  Thank jasperlabrador

Reviewed 10 November 2018

I discovered this Latin gem not long ago and on my two visits there I was very pleased with the quality of food, great and cosy atmosphere and an outstanding service.
I tried their Cheviche and the flavour was simmilar to its origin . Great lime (NOT LEMON!!) taste, heaps of coriander and fresh fish...
Cheese bread melts in your mouth and its so yummy.... And FINALLY I could taste an authentic Brazilian steamed rice.... Made of Long Grain rice (NOT BASMATI!!!) an mazing flavour of onion and garlic, exactaly amount of salt .
Churrasco dish and the Feijoada was very tasteful and flavours respect its background and origin.
Dessert anyone???? Pave and Churros were delicious!!

Also they have live music on the weekends.. Unfortunately I have had a pleasure to experience those events but I keep my eyes on their Facebook page for Live Music shows updates.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with my fiancé last night again after previously dining there a month ago. Found service to be outstanding like last time we ate there. Food was ready quite quickly after placing order and hot, flavour of food was exceptional and dessert was absolutely delicious.

1  Thank I6618EYkevind
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Was staying close to James Street and were looking for a place for dinner and saw good reviews on TripAdvisor so booked for one of our nights whilst in Brisbane. Interesting little restaurant, as it was a lovely evening we sat outside. So glad we did as there was a group sitting inside with an intoxicated woman that was a bit annoying, glad we weren’t right next to her. The food was for sharing so we chose a few different things to try, all very good, recommend Kingfish ceviche, not sure about the duck tacos though, a little tasteless. Service was a 7/10.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Rayner4
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We had such a wonderful time at Fogata!! The food was sooo delicious.. service fantastic, drinks menu was great including non alcoholic cocktails .. best of all was the fantastically fun band who created such atmosphere!! We ate, danced, drank and laughed. Absolutely loved it!