“Good choice if you can get a discount rate”
Review of Mantra Pandanas

Mantra Pandanas
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Darwin
Australia
“Good choice if you can get a discount rate”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I ended up here after a $99 wotif mystery hotel purchase. I would have been disappointed if I was paying the normal $200 odd dollars that they sometimes ask.
As it was it ended up being a good stay. Good location but my view was terrible. The other annoying things were the absence of any hotel information in the room. No idea if the place had a pool or gym or what restaurants were part of the complex etc. The other little thing was not having a bottle opener for their well priced mini bar.
The classic problem though was that the double bed was two singles pushed together with the beds being different heights to each other! Lucky I was sleeping on my pat malone so it did not worry me much but if my wife was with me it would have been a problem.
Rooms were a decent size as was the bathroom but the shower leaked.
The check in and check out was very quick and efficient. I did not eat downstairs so cannot comment on that. I will be back but only by surprise with another mystery hotel booking.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MeMock
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Canberra
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at the Mantra Pandanus for three nights in early April 2012. I chose the Mantra Pandanus on the recommendation of a colleague as it is literally on the same block as our office...and of course, checked Trip Advisor and found generally good reviews.

A pleasant hotel located a few blocks back from the main street, but good for a business trip and nice and quiet. There are several cafes and restaurants nearby plus a Woollies in the next block. I had a great Eggs Benedict breakfast at the Gourmet Deli, which can be accessed through the lobby.

My room was a standard hotel room, but BIG and nicely decorated. There are also apartments with cooking facilities. The pool was lovely, once I found it on level 6; like other reviewers, I was mystified by the lack of guest information book and had to call reception. Grab a towel from the gym before getting in!

My second night I had room service dinner which was quite fast and reasonably priced. It's provided by the restaurant downstairs and there is no surcharge for delivery.

The staff were friendly and efficient at every turn. A small problem with my in house movie was quickly resolved and a note put in the computer so tat my billing was correct. I'd certainly choose to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
melbourne
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights over Easter and were very happy with our one bedroom apartment with water views. Our room had a large balcony, mini kitchen with good size fridge and freezer, air con in both the bedroom and lounge area with ceiling fans (which i found to be the best at night when you don't want chilled air directly on you while sleeping). The general feel of the hotel is very modern and is complete with a relaxing outdoor pool area (with only a handful of kids about). We had a few small hickups - being Easter our room wasn't attended to daily (unless you specifically requested so but it was understood staffing numbers were down) however the staff were really great in giving us complimentary internet for the duration. Location wise was convenient to all restaurants/shops/bars and ten minute walk to the wharf. Breakfast was reasonable with variety and qualitiy - probably the only area i wouldn't rave about (but for the extra $10 per person is was still worth the money). We will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Ive stayed at the mantra on vacation twice now with friends and we find it to be quiet and very nice and clean. Try and get a room up high, we stayed on the 18th floor both times and it gives you spectacular views of Darwin and of the Darwin foreshore.
The hotel is central to the CBD and there is a supermarket a short distance away which was very eloful.
Our rooms were really modern and we had a small kitchenette and the shower was great.
We would stay here again no worries!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

First impression was of a nice new building in the middle of everything - until I had to park the rental car. There is nowhere to park a car to check in, so I drove around the block a few times looking for a park on the street but eventually just stopped in the "bus zone" out the front. When I commented on this to the counter staff, they just shrugged and checked me in even slower I think. And then I still had to ask how to get into the hotel carpark (even though we had just been through the issue). Maybe it was an off day.

Out of the lift the hallway seemed heavily used. The carpets and hallways were worn, dirty and a bit threadbare. The room was comfortable and tastefully furnished, nothing exceptional. The dehumidifier was a welcome feature.

Strange lack of information folder re the usual services, facilities etc - I thought it may have been just my room but reading some of the other reviews apparently not.

Room service was godawful - don't bother. Small selection, inadequate meal size and quite expensive. I ordered calamari and salad and counted exactly six tiny pieces of frozen calamari. I went out after that. Breakfast buffet was okay.

I will give props to the housekeepers, who went out of their way to help guests with the complicated lift system (some lifts service both the hotel and some residential departments) and who were unfailingly pleasant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business