See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Reception was open and staff member was pleasant to us for our 1am arrival! Centrally located - easy walk to the centre and just a few more minutes to all the major attractions in the CBD. Room is spacious and clean.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Stayed here recently on a flying trip to Darwin for a special event. Basically just needed a bed for a few nights as I wasn't going to be in my room much so I chose the Luma Luma. For $200 for 3 nights for a studio apartment right in the CBD it was a real bargain. Here were my overall experiences/thoughts:

Pros:
- Really cheap! I thought the room would be an absolute dive being so cheap but I was happy with the standard of the room for the money I paid. Glad I didnt pay any more though.
- Immaculately clean. Very old room, but very very clean which I was happy with also.
- Convenient location, walking distance to many CBD attractions including the mall, waterfront and esplanade and bus stops. This was the main reason I chose to stay here, as I knew it was within walking distance to everything.
- Comfortable bed
- Wonderful reception staff. Very friendly and would do anything to make your stay a comfortable one. One afternoon I just needed a break but there was nothing on tv. Reception was more than happy to let me borrow a DVD player. Check in and check out process was a breeze thanks to 24hr reception as well.

Cons:
- ANTS. Ants everywhere. Dont even leave a drop of water on the bench, or the ants will come and invade you. I had to keep all food in the fridge and despite doing that the ants still came from everywhere.
- Rooms are not soundproof at all. I could hear people banging their doors closed constantly, and the traffic from outside going past. At one point could hear people on the street, and I was on level 6! This made for a really average sleep.
- Curtains are pointless. Wont even block out street lights. The room is so bright at night, the light just beams right in.
- Bedding was not overly great. Sheets looked like they were as old as the hotel. They were very thin and worn. New, better quality sheets would be good. Also, please put a doona or cover on the bed. Yes I know its Darwin but the sheet was thinner than paper and it was not cosy to sleep in. Blankets in the cupboard were also old and not overly clean either. Really need to update the linen situation.

Overall, my stay was good, but the hotel really needs an overhaul if it wants to compete with some of the other establishments in town in the same price category. Id only ever stay here again if I was travelling alone without my family and I could get it on the cheap (such as this trip). I wouldnt stay here with my young son because its too noisy for his sleeping and the ants are really off putting.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank LouiseMaxiMaxwell
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Would not stay there again no fire alarm on ceiling burnt out taken down ,stove doesn't work and in bad repair and other room , electric wall socket falling out ect ect this place is a fire hazard , rang fire brigade to report and they told me they are always getting complaints my advice pay a bit more ,photos can make a place look good

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Centrally located and a few minutes' walk to all the major spots in the CBD. Room is spacious and easy to cook with the kitchenette (save us some money eating out all the time during our 6 day stay). Staff is lovely and always ready to help. Overall very good stay and very good price!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gale J
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed a week and found it in need of TLC. The shower was very mouldy needing a good clean. When we told them it was improved but still needed the mould in the grouting & corners done properly. We had ants in the kitchen area if any crumbs were left. Wifi was only available in reception. Tiles were missing from the swimming pool. TV reception of Channel 7 was intermittent.
Management were quite obliging, the apartment was well situated and with a bit of attention to the quality of housekeeping would rate much higher.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple