“Good for a dinner date”
Review of Pavonia Place - CLOSED

Pavonia Place
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 49
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pavonia Place is a cosy Restaurant located in the heart of Darwin's seaside suburb of Nightcliff. Specialising in modern Australian cuisine with a focus on fresh food and local produce, Pavonia Place prides itself on catering to Gluten free and vego requirements and in utilising the freshest possible ingredients and Australian only seafood. Pavonia Place welcome children of all ages and cater to groups both large and small.
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

Great romantic atmosphere. Staff were friendly and attentive. Food was good. I tried something like a sour plum cocktail which was amazing. Every table was provided with colour pencils and paper to draw on so that was fun. Remember to dress nicely

There are newer reviews for Pavonia Place

Reviewed 19 December 2015

This place was rocking on a wet Wednesday night in Nightcliffe. It has friendly staff and a good menu . The duck with pomegranate on a bed of kale and potatoes was fabulous. There is a good selection of wine by the glass, and it's pretty reasonable for a more formal night out

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I previously ate at Pavonia Place a bit more than a year ago, and my review of that experience is in the long list of reviews that have been written about this place. For the sake of context, I didn’t enjoy my first visit.

On a trip to Darwin earlier this month I had a customer request that we dine at Pavonia Place. I begrudgingly accepted. And then spent the evening having my mind blown. We had an amazing evening. To start with, the wait staff were superb. Friendly, interactive but not in your face. Great attitude from all of those that served our table.

Great beer, wine and cocktail menus meant we could get the evening rocking & rolling. This was going to be a good evening.

We were a larger table ( 6 people) so decided to order a variety of starters for the table so that we could sample as much as possible. Either things have changed a lot or I was complete idiot last time I visisted (I suspect the latter). The food was all fantastic. It did not fail to disappoint. The cuttlefish was fantastic, as was the barramundi carpaccio. The fresh oysters were brilliant too.

Moving to the mains, I had the beef wellington and I could weep just thinking about it. Fantastic produce beautifully cooked and presented with care. Really fantastic. I also got to sample the duck and this was very good too.

We then indulged in desert and we were blown away. I tried some of the chocolate brownie cake as well as the lemon cheesecake. Wow.

This was one of the gastronomic highlights of the year for me and I can’t wait to get back to Darwin in February to eat here again. I am so happy to have been proved wrong by this awesome restaurant.

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 16 December 2015

We both just loved this place, The staff were so friendly, professional and really know how to make everyone feel special. The food really hit the mark. Our starters of the Australiana board and the barramundi carpaccio gave us the chance to try some innovative cuisine. Our mains of beef Wellington and the duck leg were so good. A nice selection of wines were available by the glass. If ever I'm in Darwin again I'd definitely go back.

Renee F, Owner at Pavonia Place, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Hi there 'WandaSandhills', Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us via TripAdvisor. We are SO glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back again!. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Regards Renee & the team at Pavonia Place

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Restaurant with a great atmosphere. Tables are well spread out, so you don't feel like you are sitting on top of strangers, which seems to be the norm these days. Very attentive, knowledgeable wait staff. Nice selection on menu, and the food is delicious.