“Terrible pub food and terrible service ”
Review of Beachfront Hotel

Beachfront Hotel
Ranked #43 of 86 Quick Bites in Darwin
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

Extremely rude staff at the kitchen, meals were horrendous and barely edible. The meat we received was dry, tough and revolting. Bar staff were friendly which was the only positive. Won’t be ever be back.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

The Beachfront Hotel seemed to us like a perfectly neat, sleek, crowd-pleasing pub. We can’t really imagine why all types wouldn’t be happy partaking in a great meal there, or just a few drinks.
We had it on good authority that the smoked meats were the choice of the menu and wow did we enjoy a mouthwatering feast with the lamb tray!! A HUGE serving - excellent flavour and excellent value.
We also had the fried chicken burger that had a great kick to the peri peri sauce. Make sure you arrive hungry!!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank LisaMDL
Reviewed 25 January 2021

Had a Thai beef salad for dinner. Looked like it was thrown around the room before served. There was no capsicum and only one piece of broccolini. I paid $22 for a bowl of lettuce and the bad cuts of the meat. Disgusting

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

Large choice of food menus - heaps of meat and range for everyone.
Have heard good things about their smoker and slow cooked meats, so got the slow cooked brisket burger which is served with chip for a Christmas work lunch, and I got a side of gravy cause I ain’t no noob.
$24 all up. Served out front with classic I want to be anywhere but here Darwin style customer service (blank stare, take order, hold out eftpos machine all while talking to her co-worker instead of me)
The brisket was tasty and tender - unfortunately despite it being a billion degrees in the build up, it didn’t help the meat itself which was cold, not even warm enough to melt the cheese as you can see in the pic. I assume it’s supposed to be warm brisket?? Could be wrong!
I’ve had fresher burger buns, this ‘milk bun’ was dry/crumbly and chewy - defiantly not fresh and ruined the burger, you can’t have a good burger without good bread. I wouldn’t buy this again.
The others had prawns, pork belly salad, steak all which looked yum, and the standard deep fried squid and chicken bits or something battered.
I saw some lucky fella eating a platter of delicious looking meats and had instant food envy but I get enough judgment from the work colleagues without smashing that for lunch haha!!
The beachfront inside was standard pub, mix of sticky tables and benches with stools, and music blaring, we left when the band started inside at about 1:45-2pm as we couldn’t hear each other speak and it being to bloody hot to sit outside we left.
For groups would recommend Em requesting a sit down table towards the back of the food eating area as the front door was open, it was hot as balls and right next to the band which isn’t ideal.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 20 October 2020

Very picturesque location, heaps of parking and great steaks and or seafood menu - fresh salads and pleasant staff

Date of visit: September 2020