“Great little spot”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Excellent service - attentive, friendly staff who are very quick! Great atmosphere. Food was delicious, reasonably priced and quick to come out after ordering.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Every time I go to Ruby, I just don’t know what to expect. Our last visit was for dinner which went very well, food and service were both great. Dropped in for lunch and had the exact opposite experience, food was average and service was very poor. Half an hour after ordering the waitress came out and told us the kitchen was out of my wife’s order. My order showed up minutes later. It wasn’t busy so I can only imagine what caused the delay. The Laksa was boring and lacking spice. The highlight was the real scallop in the Laksa. The rest of our food was meh.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The best pho soup in Darwin! Love the duck curry. Husband loves the hot & spicy soup! Great menu. Dine in or out, there is a nice relaxed feel at Ruby!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Ruby is one of the few restaurants open in Darwin on Monday nights, but I was happy to find it. I had a "crispy pancake" stuffed with chicken, prawns, and bean sprouts. It was surprisingly tasty. Service was attentive ,and the sidewalk patio is relaxing.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

When I ordered this back in December last year, I really didn't understand why or what people were raving about. If I'm being very straight up and honest, I've tasted better pho elsewhere (e.g. Non La on Knuckey St). The pho here was delivered to the table lukewarm, and the basil didn't seem to have a very aromatic scent which was quite disappointing. I guess it was reasonably priced though - $15 for the pho, and $9 for x6 spring rolls (which were pretty standard). The food was good, but not great.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Ruby? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK