See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Had a function at the Sail Club and decided to do the right thing and stay in town. We were surprised a little at the run down'ness of the establishment for the money. Lots of friendly ants, but hey, that is part and parcel of living in the Territory. Could have done with a huge spring clean and lots of repairs and maintenance. But, on the plus side, it is just across the road from the Sail Club or the Trailer Boat Club, so in terms of convenience - we were tolerant, plus we had wine, lots of wine.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel due to unforseen cicumstances and this was my cheapest option, and available at short notice.
Upon entering the motel first thing I thought was - parking. Where on earth am I going to park. The outside is looking a bit run down, but never judge a book by its cover. I ended up parking in the street with some other cars that would have been too high to enter the car park.
Reception was closed so I came back at 2pm like the sign had said and the reception area is dated but the receptionist is lovely and points out all the good places to eat and things to do etc. She shows me where my room is.
Upon first glance I thought 'for $99 this isn't too bad!'. Closer inspection the room was dirty - sheets on the bed were clean, but you can feel the springs in the mattress poking you. Not very comfy.
The bathroom is what I was more shocked about. Hair (probably pubic) was in the sink and the shower, toilet looked like it was going to overflow every time I needed to flush. Towel holder was covered in dust, dirty marks on the walls and the shower definately hadn't been cleaned. Not only that, when I was showering, instead of the water going DOWN the drain, something must be clogging it as I had my shower cubicle fill up with water! This limited my shower time to about 1-2minutes. Leave it for an hour or so and the water will go down.
Air con had no remote so I had to stand on a wobbly chair to turn it on and off.
The pool area wasn't too bad, and the area the motel is in is convenient. I just think they need to remodel or ditch their cleaner and hire a better one.
A+ to the lady at reception for her service, but oh lord D- for the actual building...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I had reservations about this motel prior to arriving, due to the numbers of adverse reviews regarding it. My fears were realised when we finally arrived on Christmas Day 2016:
- The outside appearance of the property was very run-down and in need of immediate maintenance
- The other clientele inhabiting the premises looked unagreeably undesirable and gave one the distinct impression that this was the backwater end of town
- The parking spaces provided was totally inadequate, and even if you find one, it would require a contortionist and an 13-point turn to maneouvre into!
- The rooms were quite filthy with visible grime on the curtains
- The bathroom and toilet had visible stains, which are not able to be removed, even with extreme effort on my part
- There were countless cockroaches and other critters scurrying around the place
- On the second night when we arrived back from a day of touring (and respite from the place), we were greeted with a flooded carpark with no vacant space to park at about 6:30pm
- When we used the (permanently-stained) toilet, it became blocked and threatened to overflow with refluxing sewage emanating from its blackened orifice
- A quick visit to the manager's office was no help as it was unattended
- A handwritten sign on a board indicated to ring the mobile phone of the "Night Manager"
- After a few rings, the aforementioned "Night Manager" did pick up with a hesitant "hello"
- He then emerged from one of the staff accommodation rooms half-clothed and with a puzzled fearful look on his face
- I lead him to the recalcitrant toilet, subsequent to which he henceforth produced a toilet plunger and requested that I try to unblock the toilet
- I respectfully declined and suggested that he should have the honour instead
- He tried a few futile plunges, then scurried off into the darkness
- He came back about 10 minutes later, slightly more confident in manner
- He said that he reactivated one of the sewage pumps which had failed during the monsoonal storm
- He then tried the flush button on the toilet as I waited with baited breath
- We were both relieved when we started to see the receding brown water level in the blackened bowl
- After that, he quickly excused himself and returned to whatever activity he was previously engaged in

As you can see, this accommodation presented enormous challenges to our family and the hapless Night Manager. It was with some good fortune that we managed to survive this ordeal, and put pen to paper about our less-than-desirable experience.

We will never come back to this place again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Mitochondrian
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

To be honest i was terrified after reading people's reviews. But having had our two dogs we had no choices. When we got there the lady at the counter was great. She told us lots of different places to visit and eat and walk the dogs. The room was massive which was great because one of dogs is rather big. Yes it was kind of a noisy night but that had nothing to do with the stay. Air con worked perfect as did everything else.
If your looking for fancy dont bother, but if your looking for somewhere nice for you and your dogs its great.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2016

My wife didn't speak to me for half a day after we checked out of this place. Yes my pet enjoyed his stay. I think he was, Infact I know he was the only one. Pretty awful, dirty, and not even very cheap. Would not recommend.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple