“Phenomenal care factor”

Besser Kitchen & Brew Bar
Ranked #27 of 428 Restaurants in Darwin
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 16
Description: Besser is a specialty coffee brew bar and cafe which focuses on great coffee, delicious food and friendly yet exceptional customer service. We offer corporate catering services for functions, workshops, meetings, training sessions and events. As the name suggests, Besser Kitchen and Brew Bar pays tribute to the building’s industrial heritage, built from concrete Besser blocks.
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Seriously blown away at the service here. When my lunch arrived, my fries were cold, but because I was in a deep conversation with my colleague, I overlooked mentioning it. As the wait staff came to clear the table and politely ask about our meals, I mentioned that my fries were cold and that I was disappointed. I was immediately asked if I would like a a fresh plate of hot fries, to which I politely declined.

Before I knew it the manager was at our table offering a cold or hot drink as a way of saying sorry and in no time a glass of sparkling mineral water was delivered. Now I was pretty chuffed with that and would have been happy to leave and write a raving review right? But then when we went to pay, the manager refused to accept payment! How's that for phenomenal customer care? At a time when small businesses are really hurting, this very kind gesture went a long way.

Carie (?) you just won yourself a raving fan! Thank you SO much for going above and beyond the call of duty. Your care factor made the world of a difference.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Another fantastic breakfast. Garlic hash with salmon and a poached egg - delicious. Good service but in an industrial area and not quite as easy to find, however it was worth it!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Great brunch here - interesting food, good coffee and service, if we were staying longer we’d be back.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We had a tasty breakfast at Besser. I had the Spiced Pumpkin mash and my partner had the Garlic mash- avocado and salmon. Both were tasty, but the eggs were overcooked and we thought the meals were overpriced. Coffee was great!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

This place was a little tricky to find at first, look for the signs on the roadside. Fantastic and broad menu. Service was very friendly, fast and efficient. All of our party enjoyed their meals and the coffee was tasty too. Loved that this place was out of the way and in an industrial estate as it was out of the usual tourist spots where food can take a while. Would definitely return!