1,198 results
All reviewsjuicy rumppremium roomroom in blockgoatroom servicepool areashuttle busgreat poolmcdonnell rangesbuffet breakfastenjoyable stayreception staffthe ground floorcomfortable hotelrooms are largered centrean upgrade
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed in Aug 2009 and it was pretty decent considering there aren't many other options in Alice Springs. I would recommend staying here for a base to see Ayres Rock or just to have a relaxing weekend in Alice Springs.

The biggest plus was that it had decent facilities - there were tennis courts, an outdoor pool (too cold when we were there) and a really good Asian restaurant called Sakura. There were 2 other places where you could order food. One was like a burger/sandwich bar which was reasonably priced and had just a few good options. The other was a family bistro place with all usual stuff on the menu that you would expect to find. Again this was reasonably priced and the quality was average. There are plenty of outdoor seating which was good.

The room from what I can remember was clean and comfortable with internet access.

Continental breakfast in the morning was good with all the standard options such as cereals, croissants, danishes, toast and fruit. It all seemed fresh.

The hotel itself sits alone with the town centre being about a 20 min walk so I would probably only stay in the casino at night or get a taxi back to the hotel at night.

The only negative was that you are able to smoke in the hotel which I think is just awful in this day and age. The room was fine as it was non smoking but the communal areas were pretty stinky! This may have changed since we were there though.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read such positive comments about when you stayed at Lasseters and I will pass on your feedback to our team. We have now set up designated smoking areas around our property, aside from this I am pleased that you enjoyed our restaurants and facilities.

I hope to welcome you back to the Red Centre soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I visit Alice regularly for work and find the casino a great place to stay with friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Hi Pene C,

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you when you are next down from Tennant.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The reception desk was poor, They did not tell us about the shuttle to the city and we walked
two miles in 98 degree weather to get there 15 minutes before the shuttle would have taken us.
They didn't tell us that breakfast was included with our suite and the manager changed our
room from our requested second floor to the first floor, which was like a dungeon. The
buffet for breakfast and dinner were quite good, however.

Room Tip: Wait until they have finished with their renovations before staying here.
Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laury S

Hi Laury S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Lasseters Hotel Casino. While it is never pleasant to receive negative feedback, it does give us the opportunity to address and rectify shortcomings in our service.

I would like to apologise for the communication breakdown from the reception team. I will speak to them today about your comments as this is not the usual service we deliver. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your buffet breakfast and dinner.

Laury S, thank you once again for your feedback and please accept my apologies that we fell short of the mark on your last visit.

Kate Ernest.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Friendly safe place to stay in Alice Springs, great service good location

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Hi Christine M,

Thank you for your great review on Lasseters Hotel!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We live on a community and visit Alice every 4 - 6 weeks. We have done this for around 4 years now. Lasseters was always the place to stay and relax however in the past 12 months it was getting a little tired. Now they are painting and doing up the rooms it once again is becoming the place to stay. The staff are friendly and room service is good. Having the bar and the cassino and a couple of options for food plus being close to town and having plenty of car parking are all bonuses. I would recommend a stay at Lasseters if ever you are in Alice Springs. After staying at most of the places in Alice I can honestly say value for money is a sure thing at Lasseters.

Room Tip: I have been in many rooms at Lasseters and find they are all the same quality. They are very quiet and all have balconys.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Hi Rhonda W,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Lasseters Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoy staying with us when you come into town and we value your loyalty to us. The painting is almost complete and is only the start of the exciting developments to come.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Kate Ernest.