“Understaffed and overpriced building site”

Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Alice Springs
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We stayed here twice in 4 days and after the 1st time wished we could have cancelled and stayed elsewhere for our return visit.

It started really badly. While we were visiting the Desert Park, our bags were delivered to Lasseters and we were assured would be taken to our room. When we arrived later, there was no sign of our bags and when we asked at reception, no-one had a clue where they were. My husband suggested that they give us a free drink at the bar while they sorted the mess out. Some 30 minutes later, the bags had been located. It transpired that they'd swapped our room and not bothered moving the bags. Why the new guest didn't report having someone else's bags in their room to reception beats me. Although I repeatedly gave the reception staff details of our bags, they couldn't seem to get it right, so in the end I accompanied one of them up to what should have been our room to arrange for the transfer. Even then, she wanted to move all the bags from that room to our new one even though they included the other guest's stuff. She and I moved the bags between us as they were short staffed and had no porters on duty. In fact, I never saw a porter the whole time I was there and was never offered their services either.

Our room was actually very nice and newly decorated. However, the broadband access didn't work and despite logging a problem with their off site support staff, it was never resolved. We also had a room with a bathroom for a disabled person which flooded terribly when we had a shower so the whole room, which was large, got soaked.

Our next disaster was the Juicy Rump. We had to wait 45 minutes for our steaks which were all very overcooked and tough. I'd also ordered a baked potato and was given chips. My husband complained and we were given a $30 voucher to spend on drinks or food on our next visit. They did offer to recook the steaks to be fair, but we just didn't want to wait another 45 minutes.

On our next visit, 3 days later, we were assigned a room on the edge of the building site. Everywhere we walked, rooms were either been refitted, doors were being painted or there was new building work going on. This room was nowhere near as nice as the 1st one- quite small and old fashioned, but this time the broadband access worked. For the price we'd paid, I thought we were overcharged. Naturally, we didn't bother eating here again!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the building site and ask for a newly fitted out room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Iberian_Lynx
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Hi Iberian_Lynx,

Thank you for your feedback on Lasseters Hotel Casino.

I was disappointed to read that your stays at the hotel were not satisfactory and we didn’t provide our usual standard of service. If possible, I would like to discuss the above feedback with you further. This will give us the chance to talk about the issues raised and reach an outcome. It will also enable us to follow up with the correct staff.

Please advise a contact number and a suitable time to call through using the below details.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Phone: +61 8 8950 7772
kate.ernest@lasseters.com.au

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed in a two bedroom suit and found it very clean and presentable on arrival. The only issues I have was the spar didn't work properly, the toilet would be constainly running and I couldn't watch any movies on the tv.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevin b
LassetersHotel, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Hi Kevin B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lasseters Hotel.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the room issues you identified during your stay. For next time, please let Reception know these issues and we will rectify them as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kate Ernest.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Had a week in Alice & Lasseters Hotel Casino catered for everything I needed. Lovely room, great service throughout the venue, the new pool is also amazing.. am looking forward to when all hotel renovations are completed. Steaks in Juicy Rump were sensational & all staff made my stay enjoyable. Definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Hi Rick F,

Thanks for your review on Lasseters Hotel Casino. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our property. The developments are definitely an exciting time for us. You can keep up to date on our progress on our website.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This was my fifth visit to Lasseters. The first was good but since then it has gone bad.

The seafood buffet ran out of seafood after 20 min and was not replenished. I was charged full price despite my showing my Lasseters card. Could honestly say it was the worst buffet I have been to.

In my room I paid for the 24 hour movie deal. the service was not working after I watched my first movie. I asked reception about this and they got it fixed after about 4 hours. I was still charged twice (2 day stay). Defiantly not worth the money.

I found the casino service to be terrible. I will not visit again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank FrankB514

Hi FrankB514,

Thank you for your review on Lasseters Hotel Casino.

I was disappointed to read that we missed the mark with your stay. While it is never pleasant to receive negative feedback, it does give me the opportunity to address and rectify shortcomings in our service and products.

I look forward to the challenge of exceeding your expectations should you return to Lasseters and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Each stay was for 1 night separated by 3 days. The first time the room was good and in building 1 not too far from reception, we ate in the Juicy Rump and the food was good but somewhat noisy, all restaurants currently are on the perimeter of the casino. The second visit the room was in building 3 quite a distance from reception, especially if you have bags and was not as nice a room as the first visit, we ate in the Asian fusion restaurant which was excellent and quiet but more expensive than the Juicy Rump. The hotel is undergoing extensive renovations due for completion in 2013 so the pool was closed. The changes will be made to the Casino, the restaurants, amount of parking and accommodations and based on the model and the projected cost of $34 million it should be a significant upgrade. Compared to other hotels it represented good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family