All reviews noisy air con coffee and tea making facilities both breakfast and dinner spa room car park middle of town short walk up stairs a ground floor room cleaned daily great room short stay within walking distance convenient location your luggage stayed nights swimming pool
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Super quick checkin, nice pool in hot weather and close to shopping in alice springs.
Room has a nice airconditioner, water heater and fridge.
Only problems was tv controller would not turn on the tv, and need an extra plug where the kettle is, to use a charger there.
Note there are aboriginals wandering around, but i did not feel threatened

Room Tip: All are ok
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Justin S, Manager at Elkira Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thanks Tom, there is a switch by the bed marked "TV" which provides power to the television. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

The Elkira is located right in the middle of town. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The motel staff were courteous and very helpful. Enjoyed the pool and had several nice meals in the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin S, Manager at Elkira Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you very much Michael for the kind words. Travel safe!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

A bed for the night, and a hot shower. Needed a place to stay in between a campingtrip. They will store your luggage while on a trip, no extra costs. Close to down town, easy to find a place to eat. Just the basics, nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin S, Manager at Elkira Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thanks Karina for the feedback

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Stayed here for two nights with my toddler, while our car got serviced at Kmart. Living out bush, this hotel was the most convenient option for us and they offered a 'local' rate. We stayed in a Queen room. Overall thoughts below:

Pros:
- Great air con unit, and we really appreciated the room being cool when we arrived. Very thoughtful of staff.
- Staff were very friendly. Not just in reception but in the restaurant. and the housekeeping team. They were happy to help and have a chat which we really appreciated.
- Meal at the onsite restaurant was amazing. Absolutely loved it. So delicious and very well priced.
- Pool area was nice, although pool was cold, but thats pretty normal around here. Could do with a bit of weeding and general garden tidy up though
- Best location if you need to get things done in town. The whole reason I stayed here was so that I could get my errands and shopping done whilst the car was getting serviced across the road am Kmart Tyre and Auto. The hotel is central to everything in town.
- Nice bathroom that has been renovated. Wasnt overly clean (see cons) but the shower was so good. Great pressure.

Cons:
- Room was so noisy. We had the worst positioned room of the lot I think. One row of rooms back from the street, with the lane way to the car park bordering one side of our room, and our rear wall backing on to the car park. Actually it was not a rear wall, it was floor to ceiling windows with a curtain over it. The noise was constantly around us. We were on the ground floor so we could hear the people walking around in the room above us on the first floor. Not very soundproof at all.
- Felt unsafe with my rear floor to ceiling window wall backing straight on the the car park. There was a sliding door on this side as well. Being here alone with my toddler had me on edge a bit. Plus car headlights kept shining in from the car park at all hours. I couldn't open the curtains because people would see right in. It was not very private.
- Beds were hard as a rock. I still have a bad back three days later, and I am only 27! They were so uncomfortable. The pillows were great but both the single and queen beds were very hard. Did not get much sleep.
- Room was not cleaned all that great. The rubbish bin had grime all over it and there was a coffee spill down the front of the cupboard. Oh and the bathroom roof had mold above shower, as well as the bathroom mirror having the previous guests toothpaste splatters on it. My son split some water on the floor so I got a washer to wipe it up. Wish I didn't. The washer came back black from all the grime in the carpet! I didn't want to let my son play there after that.
- Room was really dated. Yes, has been repainted but the furniture was old Everything was mismatched. Just needs a bit of an update.
- The kettle was disgusting. It had water left in it from the previous person and was really dirty. So was the toaster. Do these simple things not get wiped down in between guests?

Overall our stay was alright but I wouldnt rave about the hotel room. I was a tad disappointed for the price I paid, even with the discount. I have found better value in other hotels in Alice Springs but these places were not in the CBD. I guess this is their main selling point being one of 2 right in the heart of the CBD.

If you want convenience, then this place is handy. Again, thank you for your welcoming service.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Justin S, Manager at Elkira Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback Louise. We shall try to do better

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Reasonable and spacious rooms. Stayed here a few weeks for work. Some rooms a little noisy due to traffic but overall if you sleep well then it's not an issue

Staff are friendly and helpful. Cleaning is regularly done.

Easy walk to supermarkets, bars and the Todd Mall. Tour companies pick up for tours as well.

Free wifi. Barbecue area and pool. Laundry on premises.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Thanks Craig. Thanks for the review and reminding readers of our facilities.