“Only Imported Barra”

Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the restaurant has established a reputation for quality food and friendly service within a picturesque natural setting. Guests enjoy a distinctive array of cuisine including local bush flavours and a select wine list.
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Barra's has no local Barra it is all imported. The waiter told us that we would not be able to afford it if it was local (not sure he knows what we could afford and what we could not). The NT is famous for Barra and as a Territorian I found this disgraceful

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I returned my meal to the kitchen as my Barra was suppose to come with grilled haloumi (The reason why I ordered this meal). To my dismay, the chef returned the same meal with cold, not grilled haloumi on the side. The staff then continued to explain that the haloumi is grilled, therefore melting and mixing with the eggplant - making it invisible. This is very disappointing - 1. no matter how melted haloumi is, it can never be invisible, especially if it is supposed to be grilled (it didnt even have the taste of haloumi) 2. the staff who processed my bill acknowledged the issue but still charged me full price!?!!?!

This place is pricey - especially if you do not get the ingredient they say they would put on it..

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Three friends and I were seated quickly in this very nicely decorated restaurant, even though we weren't patrons of the accommodation section. The wait staff had problems communicating with us, not understanding our orders and taking a while to clear plates but otherwise everyone was pleasant and the meals themselves were very good, although quite pricey! We will return.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Overall the food is good great Coffee and friendly service

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Order anything but the staff are really helpful.
The young woman in charge of the resturant is a delightful happy person who runs an excellent operation "Mel"
The breakfast staff are great and the cribb for travelling is good value and well presented.
The kitchen staff are a treat and ask for the entree of Kangaroo you will not be disapointed
The specialty is of course "Barra"
I have been back many times over the past 12 months and have sampled all the menu.
My top of the list is the baked "Barra"with armond dressing.Ask Mel or the Chef what does Tom from "Excalibur" order.If they are on their game they will know what the regulars have and like.