“Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 5 August 2016

This little French restaurant is nestled in bustling Surry Hills. It's very cosy and intimate inside which was perfect for dinner as a couple. We were seated in a smaller room with a bar and mock fireplace.

The food was very traditional and cooked with French exactement.

It was a very comfortable evening - great food, professional non-intrusive service, and a lovely ambience.

Thanks, we had a lovely evening and will be back.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

I visited Le Pelican today for the first time, and hope it won't be the last. The food was absolutely delicious, beautifully presented & reasonably priced. Service was very friendly, and we were made to feel very welcome. There is indoor & outdoor dining available- try the escargot dish - surprising & very tasty.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I love Le Pelican! I've been walking past this cute little restaurant for years and a year ago finally decided to try it out, based on a recommendation from a friend. I have been back numerous times. It's $50 for two courses, or $60 for three with the option to BYO or they have a great variety of French wines to try.
Last week we went for a romantic date night. This time my partner tried the duck while I tried the smoked ocean trout. It was so tasty, beautifully cooked and came with a delicious French potato thingy. We enjoyed a bottle of French rose to go accompany.
Dessert is by far my favourite, I can't go past the chocolate fondant. For any chocolate lover this is a must-try. Cooked to perfect, I would go back time and time again for this.
The service at Le Pelican is always great, with the staff friendly and helpful with the menu. It is often busy but this plays to the French charm of the restaurant.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

We live not far from le pelican and to be honest being French I don't often bother eating French on Sydney. Each time I have tried le pelican it was packed but this time they had a table for us! We were not disappointed. A little expensive and with a few extra but the quality was great. The bouillabaisse was delicious! Great service friendly staff. In a nice part trendy Sydney

Reviewed 23 June 2016

A couple of mates and I decided to go for a nice meal and night out and with some research ended up at Le Pelican. Being not an adventurous eater, I struggled somewhat with the menu but stuck with the duck and the chicken and had a great meal. The breads were excellent as well and the service was good - very straight to the point with no sense of humour but no issues. We were three pub blokes sitting at the worlds smallest table with a candle in the middle of us so it would have looked a bit strange. Wouldn't be back with my mates but would bring the Mrs here.