“Not Bad or so good, Average experience”

Wok on Inn Street Noodle Bar
Ranked #525 of 6,668 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: The Rocks
Description: Wok on Inn was created to bring Asian street food, inspired by the 8 regions of Asia, to you. Our vibrant restaurants take you on a flavour safari. What we do is authentic. Whether it’s serving you bold, homemade recipes from the hawker stands of Bangkok and Shanghai or creating an edgy, urban street atmosphere within our restaurants. This passion for authenticity combined with the best and freshest local ingredients like lean beef, chemical-free chicken and garden fresh vegetables ensures that what we do seamlessly, so well that it might make you spill a tear of gratitude, is delicious, healthy and unforgettable street style noodles. Try them today!
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Not much choice available for Vegetarians. Noodles served was too oily and soggy. Me and other 2 friends said that this is little soggy and no much veggies in Noodles. But no response. Weekend Lunch is not that much great.

Wok on Inn N, Public Relations Manager at Wok on Inn Street Noodle Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your review. We apologise for your poor experience. We are primarily a noodle bar and our noodles are freshly tossed with a handful of vegetables and/or meat to enhance the experience. We do however welcome and encourage customers requesting extra vegetables or any other ingredient at the time of the order. We do also apologise if you found your meal to be overcooked or soggy.

Please provide the date and details of your order to info@wokoninn.com.au so that we can work on providing a better overall experience in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

The place it is located in a charming terrace in the best part of The rocks.
We ordered four diferent plates, three of them were supposed to be not spicy. All of them seemed to be reheated and they were extremely sweetie and spicy.
fortunately the staff changed the plate of my father for another without spicy.

Hi Ricardo!

Thank you for your feedback. Some of our sauces do have spicier recipes than the rest. We do, however, apologise for your poor experience and we assure that all our noodles are cooked fresh and not reheated from storage.

Some of our milder sauces include the Teriyaki sauce and the Penang Satay sauce. Please do send us an email at info@wokoninn.com.au with the date and contents of your order so we can ensure better service for the future.

Regards

Wok on Inn

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

If I were the owner of this location I’d be severely upset and the lack of desire to make money in a good location. While the food was good the customer service was terrible. Examples: at 2043 I wanted to have another glass of wine with my dinner, they lady working the register said “sorry we are closed”. I told her I thought 2100 and she said yes. Maybe something to do with selling alcohol, so I’m ok with that. Next around 2052 a group of at least 15 people came up, same answer sorry we are closed! There was no last order sign that I noticed but you could tell the potential patrons were upset. Now to top it off at 2056 she came to our table to try to take our plates. With food still on it!!! I said hey we are still eating is it ok and she said ok but very strange and as I said if I were the owner of this location I’d do some checking because you are definitely losing out on some money. Food was good though.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

A simple menu but caters to every noodle lover with different levels of spice and meat / vegetables according to your choice.
I had the chilli basil noodles with chicken and it was delicious. Great flavour and good balance of meat, noodles and vegetables.
A good place for a quick bite and the service is friendly too.

Wok on Inn N, Public Relations Manager at Wok on Inn Street Noodle Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hi Gav!

Thanks for your review and for choosing Wok on Inn. We're glad you enjoyed our Asian street-style food and service. If you enjoy a spicy plate of noodles, we'd like to recommend the Bangkok Noodles or the Korean Barbecue Noodles, for when you visit next.

We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I had some noodles here about a week ago and they were inedible. They would not give me a refund or an exchange but they insisted that I pay more to get something else from them! I'm obviously not going to this if the first meal they give me was of such poor quality I couldn't eat it.
The manageress was particularly rude and accused me of lying! Why would I lie? Another member of staff was also very rude, mocking me openly in front of everyone as I was trying to explain.

I would advise against this place! There are plenty of great noodle places in Sydney, China town especially has some good ones.