“Cheese Tempura! ”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

Held my birthday here in one of the private rooms, the service was absolutely amazing. Love the tasting menu and its so cheap, must have the
cheese tempura , absolutely fave!!

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Went to this place with my on recommendation of friends. Excellent food, nice and friendly staff, and as expected, fairly loud. Music - not the kind of Jazz I expected. However, a nice and enjojable evening.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Jazz and Japanese food are not two things that I would automatically associate with one another, but for some reason it works well here.
Food is more eclectic than traditional Japanese, but it is yummy. If they have the tempura mushroom and cheese dish on the specials menu when you go - order it. It is delicious, with just a hint of truffle.
The grilled scallop dish is also great.
The live jazz is quite loud so not a great venue for talking - would be good for a first date I think, music would prevent any awkward silences!! :)
Service is slow so don't go here when you are in a hurry.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

I hadn't been to Jazushi for more than about 8 years so wasn't sure what to expect. It was good then but would it have gone downhill in that time? Thankfully not.

The menu includes some fairly traditional Japanese dishes as well as some modern twists or as some reviewers have described it fusion dishes. I ate with a couple of friends and we tried the sashimi set, the steamed pork and prawn gyoza, green tea noodle salad (funny enough my friends were a little reluctant to try this one as weren't sure about the flavour combination but it turned out to be one of our favourite dishes of the night), roast wagyu beef and the spicy tuna inside out roll. I would happily order any of these dishes again.

The Sunday night we were there the jazz music was a guy playing the piano. I was a little concerned this may be a little too loud as we were in the front part of the restaurant, but the level seemed to be just sufficient to provide some nice ambience without making conversation difficult.

I am looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank cmcinsydney
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Me and my partner went on one Sunday since it hasn't any lines to enter.A guy wasplaying the piano so the atmosphere is romantica, but the dishes weren't special like I expected! Sometimes you can go to have a different dinner