“Love love love this place! ”
Review of Surlys

Surlys
Ranked #930 of 6,896 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Darlinghurst
Description: American themed BBQ restaurant.
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

With drool worthy brisket & buffalo wings, great staff & awesome cocktails what's not like about this place. It is the best American BBQ I have had in Sydney & if I ever the chance to swing by it is always a YES!!!!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This place reminds me of Hamburger Mary’s in La or Mo’s in San Diego - the burgers are great. Ask for Viv, she is incredibly fun and made sure we had a great time! Well worth a visit!

Date of visit: November 2017
Angus W, General Manager at Surlys, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thanked for your Review Chris!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

On our first night in town, my daughter and I were craving burgers. Rather than settle for an average, chain store burger, I googled and found this GEM of a place 100m from our accommodation. The staff were amazing (welcome to Sydney!), the margaritas were strong, and the burger were hands-down the BEST EVER. My daughter had a classic burger (beef, cheese, tomato, lettuce) and I had the double double (double beef, cheese, bacon, pickle, BBQ sauce) - OMG! We were in burger heaven! The fries were crunchy and delicious, but nothing will beat that burger! Give it a try if you're in the area!

Date of visit: October 2017
Rebecca N, General Manager at Surlys, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thanks for your great review, I'm glad you enjoyed our Burgers. We look forward to seeing you at Surly's again soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

You guys knocked it out the park. The heavenly Clamato juice was just what this Canadian expat needed. Loved the vibe and service, felt just like home. Keep on keepin on team.

Date of visit: September 2017
Rebecca N, Manager at Surlys, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Hi Greigh!

Glad we had you covered with the Clamato Juice! Surly's owner is Canadian so he makes sure to have a little bit of home at each of his venues.

Hope to see you back at Surly's again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I was really looking forward to trying an assortment of US BBQ at Surly's. I'd call myself a real BBQ enthusiast, smoke a lot of food myself, so I'm pretty particular. As much as I really enjoyed Surly's bar atmosphere as a cool hangout, the BBQ just didn't quite get there. Ribs were not all that flavorful, if anything a bit too dry for dry rubbed ribs. The burnt brisket ends were also ok, but not mouthwatering. Also at 7:30 when we ordered they had already run out of brisket itself unfortunately. I can't recall the other accompaniments as non stood out other than the crinkle cut fries which were pretty tasty. Having just had outstanding BBQ in Melbourne recently, I'm afraid I can't give Surly's the nod for top Sydney BBQ in that same vein.

Date of visit: June 2017